Job Alert: Head of Trade in Services Division at African Union(AU)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The African Union is a continental union consisting of 54 countries in Africa.
Head of Trade in Services Division
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 12 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Job ID: 265
Reports to: Director of Trade in Services, Investment and Intellectual Property Rights
Directorate: Trade in Services, Investment, Intellectual Property Rights and Digital Trade
Division: Trade in Services
Number of Direct Reports: 11
Number of Indirect Reports : 4
Post level: P5
Purpose of Job
- To provide leadership for effective management and technical efficiency within the Trade in Services Division at the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Supervise staff of the Division with regard to organisation and performance evaluation;
- Lead the design of strategies and policies align with the Directorates goals in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
- Contribute to the development of the Directorate’s business continuity plan and ensures its implementation at the Division level;
- Ensure the appropriate risk management and mitigation strategies for the Division;
- Ensure the Division makes inputs into policy formulation in line with trade and integration strategies of the AfCFTA;
- Ensure the preparation of the annual action plan and its corresponding resources for the Division;
- Engage stakeholders within State Parties and RECs in designing and implementing strategies;
- Represent the organisation and explain its position at meetings, conferences, seminars and so on; and
- Mobilise funding from donors for the execution of the Division’s strategies and activities.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Trade in Services agenda under the AfCFTA, including organising and participating in meetings of the Committee on Trade in Services and its subsidiary bodies;
- Coordinate the initiation and formulation of policies, programmes and projects aimed at promoting Services Trade as well as market integration among State Parties;
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of technical reports and research papers on current global issues affecting trade in services under the AfCFTA, in particular, working closely with State Parties, RECs and other key partner institutions;
- Lead the formulation and management of key policies and programmes on trade in services and those aimed at enhancing continental and regional integration in line with the AfCFTA and AU Agenda 2063, in close collaboration with State Parties and RECs;
- Coordinate the identification of new and emerging trade in services issues, regarding State Parties, RECs, WTO, as well as other key stakeholders;
- Initiate and lead the preparation and dissemination of AfCFTA Flagship publications and policy papers on trade in services;
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitors budget execution at the Division level;
- Supervise staff of the Division in the production of technical reports in areas related to trade in services;
- Supervise all trade in services studies and analysis on regional integration and trade in services matters;
- Coordinate the preparation of speeches and regular briefs for senior staff and make presentations on trade in services issues for specialist or non-specialist audiences;
- Provide policy advice, strong intellectual guidance and direction on issues of services transformation and development;
- Develop trade in services strategies for integrating the continent into global value chains and developing regional value and supply chains in the continent;
- Oversee the progress of implementation of activities of the Division; and
- Perform any other related assignment as may be assigned by the Director.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Law, International Finance, International Business/Public Administration, or any closely related field with twelve (12) years of postgraduate work experience of which a minimum of seven (7) years must have been served at a managerial level.
- Ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally;
- Ability to Identify key strategic opportunities and risks
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff;
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
- Strategic Risk Management
- Change Management
- Developing Organizational Capacity
- Building Relationship
- Effective Communication
- Fosters Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Conceptual Thinking
- Fosters Innovation
- Drive for Results
- Knowledge Sharing
Tenure of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
AU Values :
- Respect for Diversity and Team Work
- Think Africa Above all
- Transparency and Accountability
- Integrity and Impartiality
- Efficiency and Professionalism
- Information and Knowledge Sharing
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Method of Application
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to African Union(AU) on jobs.au.int to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application