Job Alert: Head, Strategy at Daily Trust
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
Media / Advertising / Branding
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Head, Strategy will be responsible for assisting the General Manager Business & Strategy with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining corporate strategic initiatives. This unique background takes a multitude of different operating experiences, and must include being both a creative thinker and influential collaborator.
- Communicating and implementing a company’s strategy internally and externally so that all relevant departments (Brand, Research, Advert, Sales & Business departments), as well as clients, customers and agencies understand the company-wide strategic plan and how it carries out the company’s overall goals.
- Driving decision-making that creates medium- and long-term improvement of our business
- Establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities and translating them into a comprehensive strategic plan.
- Monitoring the execution of the strategic plan.
- Facilitating and driving key strategic initiatives through inception phase to execution phase.
- Ensuring departmental/unit strategic planning projects reflect organizational strategic priorities.
- Partnering with media agencies, institutional leadership, MDAs, organizations, special committees, and consultants to support execution of key initiatives.
- Developing inclusive planning processes.
- Translating strategies into actionable and quantitative plans.
- Mobilizing and managing teams of individuals charged with executing strategies.
- Acting as a resource across the organization to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans.
- Providing support to the General Manager Business & Strategy to ensure our digital communications are effective and reaching our target audiences.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of our media activities through regular collation and review of key performance indicators and qualitative feedback.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a degree in Business, Management or a relevant discipline. A Master’s degree or an MBA will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 8 years’ cognate experience with at least 4 years at mid-management level in a media organisation, media agency or consulting firm
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is important.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating media strategies
- Experience of providing strategic media advice and counsel to GM Business & Strategy
- A detailed knowledge of the company’s business development and philosophy;
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools;
- Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable about Microsoft Office Suite;
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.