Job Alert: Health Governance Specialist (USAID Nigeria IHS) at EnCompass
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
EnCompass offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation.
Read more about this company
Health Governance Specialist (USAID Nigeria IHS)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- EnCompass LLC is seeking Health Governance Specialist candidates for an upcoming five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Health Workforce Management activity in Nigeria.
- The purpose of this five-year task order is to support the establishment of a cost‐effective, well-trained and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- The position is full-time and based in Abuja with travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- The Health Governance Specialist will have overall responsibility to design, implement, monitor and evaluate health governance interventions for sustainability.
- The position will use a mix of approaches and strategies to apply governance improvement methodologies to the health sector to achieve the activity’s purpose and objectives.
- The position will be expected to work collaboratively as part of the core and extended project teams to realize synergies between the project objectives.
Essential functions include:
- Provide overarching technical assistance, across the project, to strengthen governance aspects of the activity work plan, to include strengthening governance frameworks of state and local government area (LGA) level HRH units and coordination platforms
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of approaches focused on increasing efficiencies within Government operations and decreasing government’s reliance on external funding
- Promote multi sectoral partnership and leadership to strengthen governance and accountability at the state level to use resources transparently, enable citizen engagement in planning and monitoring, and produce results in HRH strengthening
- Develop strategies to increase sensitivity to gender equity and female empowerment; accountable for ensuring that gender and capacity development activities are integrated into all project activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-graduate degree or higher in Public Health, Health Systems, Health Policy and Planning, or other related discipline
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience on public health projects of similar nature, size and complexity, preferably for USAID or other donors in Nigeria
Experience and Skills:
- Proven success in designing and implementing sustained health systems policy reforms from program initiation to closeout
- Professional experience interacting with government at the highest level and provision of technical assistance to promote health systems governance improvement
- Familiarity with ongoing GON efforts aimed at addressing the HRH crisis in the country
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team
- Citizens of Nigeria are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Important Information / Notice
- Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application
- The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Interested and qualified? Go to EnCompass on encompassworld.com to apply