Job Alert: Health Promoter Supervisor – (CTC/CTU) at Medecins Sans Frontieres
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation…
Health Promoter Supervisor – (CTC/CTU)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Bauchi
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Place of Recruitment: Bauchi — Work location: Bauchi — Type of Contract; fixed term
Deadline for the applications: June 19th 2021 at 12h00
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational cam-paigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area
- In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project
- Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
- Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health related issues
- Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF’s medical and non-medical staff
- Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population, and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas
- Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient
- Essential diploma in social sciences or education/pedagogy / or social work
- Essential working experience in MSF (1 year minimum) in health promotion activities, or training-education activities
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Applications must be in English and include:
Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
Updated contact details and ID
Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
And Please if you meet all the requirements, kindly fill the below form
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application