Job Alert: Home Economics Teacher at Stresert Services Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competenci…
Home Economics Teacher
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 – 6 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Education / Teaching
Our client offers exceptional learning environment encouraging young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja (idea candidates should be resident in Abuja)
The job holder will help the students acquire skills and prepare and give lessons in general household and personal family health and lifestyle, budgeting, childcare and parenting, nutrition and diet, food preparation and hygiene, fashion and textiles health, budgeting, and self-care. The job hold will also assess student’s progress, conduct hands-on activities, and supervise extracurricular activities.
- Work in a classroom equipped with cooking or sewing facilities.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction on topics such as food science, nutrition, and self-care.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to students.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, laboratory work, projects, assignments, and papers.
- Continue to research on relevant activities to engage the students
- Perform administrative duties such as serving as department head.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Academic & professional Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- A Qualified Teacher status or recognized teaching license is preferred (TRCN)
- At least 4-6 years teaching Home Economics
- Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to priorities workloads and work on own initiative
- Knowledge of best practice for teaching and learning
- Professional understanding of the educational needs of children
- Enthusiasm for willingness to be involved extracurricular activities
- Ability to inspire children and adults with an enthusiasm for learning
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Salary is open to negotiation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using Using “HETPO” as subject of email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love
Method of Application