Job Alert: Horticulture Innovation Expert at Sahel Capital
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Sahel Capital is a leading fund manager and advisory firm focused on west Africa with deep roots in private equity, financial advisory, management consulting and agribusiness. When you partner with Sahel, you benefit from quality financial and operating experience, broad industry knowledge, and a powerful network of global relationship
Horticulture Innovation Expert
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos , Ogun , Oyo
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied
- Stimulating supply and demand of low/medium tech-oriented horticulture products and solutions
- Support service providers to increase their markets in the low/medium tech-oriented horticulture sector
- Organise on-farm demonstrations for farmers applying low/medium tech tunnel/nethouse/greenhouse production
- Facilitate B2B (Business to Business) linkages between agri-consultants, input and equipment suppliers, farmers, buyers, financial institutions
- Develop information packages, including cost benefit overviews for various tunnel technologies, and make use of (social) media to create awareness among target groups on the benefits of applying specific mid-tech technologies
- Facilitate agreements with supermarket chains, their suppliers, covering improved logistics and dealing with upmarket vegetables
- Connect with relevant Dutch expertise and technology where appropriate.
- Understanding of the service market offering innovative technical solutions for horticulture use
- Minimal 10 years experience with mid-tech horticulture technologies such as tunnel / nethouse / greenhouse production in African context,
- Proven track record in supporting production systems involving a variety of vegetables, including regular and up-market crops
- Minimal 5 years experience as an agri-consultant providing support to nethouse / greenhouse / tunnel production in Nigeria, focused on technological improvements, organising on-farm demonstrations, production planning, agronomic advice, market linkages
- Well networked with agri-consultants, farmers, financial institutions, vegetable supply & demand actors in Oyo and Ogun state
- Applied cost benefit analysis, return on investments calculations for net house/ greenhouse/ tunnel production systems
- Conversant with Yoruba language is preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The expected starting date of the project is quarter four of 2021 and is contingent on donor funding.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application