Job Alert: Information Management Officer/IT Officer at Mines Advisory Group (MAG International)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The name Mines Advisory Group was established in the early days of the organisation, when it was decided that MAG’s initial role would be to draw the attention of the international community towards issues relating to mines and UXO.
Between 1990 and 1991, the McGrath brothers carried out two assessment missions to Afghanistan and Cambodia, hoping th…
Information Management Officer/IT Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 3 years
- Location Abuja , Borno
- Job Field ICT / Computer
MAG’s Vision: A safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
MAG’s Mission: MAG s lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development.
Overview of role:
The Information Management Officer will have the key responsibility for MAG’s operational information management system in Nigeria. The IMO is to ensure that data is collected, submitted, and checked for accuracy to ensure that MAG can meet both internal and external reporting requirements to the highest possible standard. In addition, the IMO should take a proactive role in analysing and interpreting operational data.
Information Management – Operations
- Be the focal point for MAG Nigeria operational information.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the operations database through overseeing data inputting, reports and maps
- Ensure that any errors in data entry are minimised and missing data is pursued
- Ensure the coherent and accurate management of electronic and hard copy filing using MAG HQ server and programme filing systems.
- Prepare completion reports.
- Enter data from CL teams ad prepare CL pre-survey report
- Provide performance statistics on operations for senior managers.
- Provide ad hoc data analysis and reports as directed by programme Officer.
- Provide training on information management and GIS to community liaison staff.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the archiving all MAG operational records/documentation
Hardware and Software
- Configure new and in use laptops correctly in line with MAG software and licenses policy (windows, Office, anti-virus, emails, system updates, system-access…)
- ICT Asset database (hardware, software, licensing)
- Assist staff with ad-hoc IT support needs.
- Assist logistics in liaison with internet provider and maintenance of internet system.
- Assist with set up and basic support for IT accessories such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and projectors.
- ICT Equipment diagnose and repair, if necessary.
- Become fully conversant in the use of ESRI ‘Collector’ and ‘Survey123’ Field applications
- Ensure that field teams are suitably trained and competent in the use of MAG’s mobile data collection tools (Survey123 and Collector)
- Ensure that mobile devices are managed correctly and updated with latest software versions.
- Assist in developing internal capacity where required, identifying training needs and providing mentoring support where appropriate.
- Regular travel between MAGs field locations will be required.
- Must comply with the MAG Safeguarding and Code of Conduct policies
- Bachelor’s degree in studies related to Information management or relevant qualification
- Excellent understanding of information gathering and analysis issues
- Proven ability to problem solve in the area of data provision and analysis
- Knowledge of CL principles and how information is gathered and used
- Ability to write reports
- Excellent computer skills
- English language skills
- Good knowledge of GIS and IT and mapping programmes
- Demonstrating high attention to details and commitment to accuracy and integrity
Method of Application
Please send your application in English with your CV and cover letter in the same document to [email protected]. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your application document should be titled in the following format: MAG_INFORMATIONMANAGEMENTOFFICER_YOUR NAME, and this should also be the subject of your email
Note that applications which do not adhere to these instructions will not be reviewed.
Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application