Job Alert: Internal Control Officer at at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1s…
Read more about this company
Internal Control Officer at
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting To: Internal Control Supervisor
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out day-to-day internal control monitoring and process enforcement activities in the assigned areas of the company.
- Implement the requirements of the internal control framework, charter, and manual relating to the assigned coverage areas.
- Comply fully with the internal control manual and process requirements.
- Contribute to the development and regular updating of the internal control manual.
- Contribute to the development of the internal control monitoring and enforcement processes and procedures that guide the operation of the internal control system.
- Routinely confirm compliance with policies, processes, procedures and other controls within the area of coverage and provide exception reports on a regular basis.
- Follow up to ensure that the observed or escalated exceptions are regularized within reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure that deliberate noncompliance with key policies, processes, procedures or other controls is escalated in appropriate format for disciplinary action.
- Through routine reviews, identify process, policy and procedural gaps in the areas of overage and make appropriate recommendations to strengthen the system.
- Carry out special reviews directed by Management within the stipulated timeline.
- Provide regular and appropriate reports to Management on the control monitoring activities in the coverage area.
- Conduct assigned ad hoc investigations into incidents, complaints, and procedural breaches and provide high quality report within the stipulated timeframe.
- Comply with Quality Management System/Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks and any other duties assigned by the Head of Internal Control or the Management.
- A First degree or equivalent in science or social science field.
- Progress in the professional certifications like ACA, ACCA, CIA, etc., will be a clear advantage.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ post qualification work experience in internal control or related function in relevant sectors.
- Internal Control
- Information Systems Audit
- Fraud Detection & Control
- Risk Control
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply