Job Alert: Inventory /Cost Controller at Work Place Centre Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Work Place Centre Limited is a World Class Skills Development and HR / ICT Consulting Services organisation that adds significant value to our clients and society.
Read more about this company
Inventory /Cost Controller
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Operations / Administration
University Degree B.Sc. in Accounting or any social sciences
5-year experience in similar position
General Manager / PR & Operations Manager / Finance Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision from the management team, an inventory controller performs an array of tasks that are essential to the company’s operations and success.
Here are the essential roles of this professional:
- Develops the inventory management strategy of the company with the goal to control costs within budget, generate savings, rationalize inventory and maximize the working capital available.
- Maintains and manages inventory of materials and stocked products, which include stock locations and profiles. Using a mainframe computer, he accounts for receipts of new items, returns, back-orders and associated issues, and inputs essential data on all the handled materials, while adhering to strict accounting and auditing procedures.
- Controls perpetual inventory stock counting and accuracy checks, processes and approves payment invoices, and investigates discrepancies (in reported quantities and locations of all inventory) and shortages to minimize overstocks and remove redundant and obsolete raw materials.
- Ensures that the inward goods and stock are properly controlled and organized for sufficient production support and for the achievement of corporate goals.
- Based on suggested and computer-monitored order listings, he supervises regular cycle counts of inventory materials and assists in conducting yearly physical inventory counts.
- Ensures inward products are received and managed according to the company’s standard procedure, so materials will be readily available for production or whenever needed.
- Organizes and maintains the inventory floor area to ensure efficient material storage and handling. He also supervises labeling systems on the stock items.
- Provides routine management data regarding inventory performance, which involves evaluating and monitoring usage and cost of materials, consumables and scrap.
- Creates and maintains accurate written procedures for the primary inventory control functions and processes, ensuring accuracy and integrity of the stock management system implemented.
- Implements improvement systems and processes to reduce inventory setbacks, while minimizing costs and maximizing working capital. He also ensures that work orders are fully and properly completed and that all stocks have been correctly allocated to corresponding jobs.
- Creates daily reports to control the key critical areas of the stock system and address any discrepancy. This task involves managing control measures to make sure inaccuracies and errors are highlighted and resolved.
- Coordinates periodic safety inspections and testing of any specialized piece of utility equipment.
- Ensure all departments abides by the Company policy as regards inventory counts procedural methods and measurements.
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity.
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis.
- Lead others in safe work practices, especially when in a distribution center environment.
- Monitor delivery schedule and customer orders.
- Place and receive orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- File claims when defective products are discovered.
- Check date-sensitive products for expiration and facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed,
- Perform process and system testing and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity, productivity, and efficiency.
- Train other employees in asset inventory management & EPOS.
- Establish trusted relationships with suppliers to ensure quality service and cost-effective deals.
- We need to build a supplier’s database and with the current market prices.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages.
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers.
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory.
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding inefficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs.
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships.
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met.
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- Performs miscellaneous duties, which are work-related, as assigned.
- Competent Accounting and controlling skills.
- Competent point of sales modelling skills in Excel and/or (EPOS preferred).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong Communication skills.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITIONS:
- University Degree / H.N.D in Accounting, Business Administration or Equivalent
- Experience as an Inventory, Stock take & Record keeping.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to be able to handle pressure and be multi-tasking.
- Experienced in applying basic accounting principles.
- Conversant with the use of Point of Sales as we presently use EPOS & QuickBooks.
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
- Accuracy in figures & able to detect abnormalities from a glance.
- Knowledge level.
- Implementation of systems and processes.
Method of Application
Send resume with Role applying for as subject of the mail