Job Alert: Junior Consultant
Agramondis is a consultancy firm on a mission to solve complex agricultural challenges at scale, specializing in agriculture, development and agri-business advice. Our consultants support a range of projects from practical agronomy to rural development, to agribusiness and food processing, to agri supply chains and sustainability.
[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”MORE JOBS” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”yes” number=”10″ style=”list” align=”right” displayby=”cat” orderby=”random”]
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Consultant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria. Stationing in Abuja may be negotiable under certain conditions
Contract duration: 3 months temporary, with a prospect to extend to 1 year or beyond
Reports to: Managing Director & CEO
- The Junior Consultant position is for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, recently graduated or young professional who is a quick learner in possession of a sharp mind, acute attention to detail and a passion for agriculture.
- As an Agramondis Junior Consultant, you will have the opportunity to support projects in the development and realization of strategies with clients across the public, private and social sectors across multiple value chains to make a tangible impact to the agriculture sector in Africa and Worldwide. You will join a dynamic team of passionate consultants and experts with varied backgrounds. We are united by our passion for agriculture and sustainability and our belief that business and markets can be leveraged as a source for good.
- Founded in 2019, Agramondis is a new growing organization in terms of the size of our team, our client base and the professionalism of our internal organization.
- This opening is an opportunity be part of this exciting process and to be there from the beginning.
Duties & Responsibilities
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Set up and participate in ad-hoc research projects
- Ability to quickly translate theory into practically applicable project content
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis (e.g. industry level analysis of agri-commodity sectors)
- Prepare PowerPoint and Word reports summarizing research and analyses and developing recommendations for clients
- Project management support
- Assist in organizing our projects, with progressive client exposure depending on capabilities
- Support proposal writing and business development efforts
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- BSc in Agriculture, Business, Economics or related discipline
- Young professional, recent graduate
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint ·
- Willingness to travel
Desirable, yet not required:
- Strong project management skills
- Academically inclined and interested
- Experience or good agronomic knowledge of cocoa cultivation
- Experience in organizing events, scientific conferences or field trips, being very structured, reliable and paying attention to detail
- Interest and previous experience with climate change adaptation and mitigation, climate smart agriculture, ideally supported by project experience or studies
What we offer
- Clear growth opportunities tailored to your ambition
- Passionate and diverse colleagues (including working in the same office as Farmcrowdy)
- Access to a large network in global markets
- Development of your leadership skills and profile as an expert
- Intellectual challenges through highly relevant and rewarding work
- Entrepreneurial opportunities in helping to grow the company
- Working in an environment with core values of knowledge, integrity, independence and sustainability
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] with the subject title as ‘Application for Consultant’