Job Alert: Legal and Compliance Associate at Sankore Investment
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Sankore is an investment and advisory firm that provides an array of wealth and fund management services to individuals and institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Legal and Compliance Associate is responsible for providing legal advisory, structuring, and due diligence support for all corporate transactions across asset management, client experience, financial technology, real estate, intellectual property, regulatory compliance, and corporate governance.
- The Role involves ensuring regulatory compliance, conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, and keeping up-to-date legal records, maintaining strong relationships with regulatory agencies, and keeping up to date with laws and developments that affect the organization’s business.
The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
- Provide legal & risk advisory and represent the company as required in negotiations for all corporate transactions.
- Draft Legal documents relating to and maintain up-to-date records for all corporate transactions – Proofread, and amend drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies, and other legal documents to ensure the Company’s interest is always protected in all transactions.
- Manage the real estate portfolio of the company from identification to occupation – including property due diligence, documentation, perfection and approval processes, complaints management, and contractor engagement.
- Liaise with the Company Secretary on Corporate Governance issues.
- Maintain proper statutory records of the Board documents and corporate information of the Company.
- Facilitate and manage regulatory and compliance-related services particularly Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financial Terrorism (AML/CFT) regulations.
- Coordinate with other internal departments and third-party resources on corporate compliance matters including Know Your Clients (KYC) documentation review and ensure up to date record keeping.
- Corporate filings and registrations.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers, lands bureau personnel, regulatory bodies, and such other persons as required.
- Coordinate the execution of legal documentation by third parties.
- Conduct legal research and gather related legal information for corporate transactions.
- Maintain up-to-date information on developments and regulations that pertain to the Company’s business interests.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB), Barrister at Law (Nigerian Law School).
- 4 – 6 years’ proven work experience in a related position.
- Experience working with an Asset Management Company is an added advantage.
- Hand-on experience managing relationships and transactions with Capital Market Regulators.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with regulators and regulatory.
- Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents.
- Commercial Awareness and sound understanding of the business environment.
- Solid oral communication and organizational skills.
- Acts as a catalyst to good effect by sharing information derived from a holistic view of the business and ensures those who need to know are fully briefed.
- Strong ethical values.
- A strong focus on excellence.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Respectful to clients / colleagues.
- Possess a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online