Job Alert: Legal and Compliance Officer at VFD Group
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
Legal and Compliance Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Law / Legal
Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepare a legal and regulatory compliance checklist and check for 100% compliance;
- monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- Ensure that none of the policies and procedures of the Company and its related activities is illegal, unethical, or improper;
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures;
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Manage interactions/ correspondence with regulators and relevant legal agent
- Offer dispute resolution advice including matters of recovery claims and actions;
- Liaising with external Lawyer representing the Company in any form of dispute;
- Handle all default related litigations
- Drafting and review of contracts, including but not limited to contracts for provision of goods and services; acquisition of goods and services, partnership contracts, etc;
- Ensure legal documentation of transaction executed by the company;
- Ensure appropriate execution and monitor implementation of
- Provide Legal advise on the relevant laws and regulations as it concerns the business of the Company;
- Draft Legal Opinions when requested.
- Ensure effective and efficient filing system
- Ensure proper custody of sensitive documents
- Ensure proper titles and ownership of Group’s assets.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure zero penalty in regulatory filings, and ensure filings are done on the due date provided there are no operational constraints
- Communication of changes in relevant legislation and actions taken to ensure implementation and compliance within 48 hours of such change.
- Raise a red flag within an hour of detecting unethical, illegal or improper activities.
- Maintain all document/ correspondences in the compliance files.
- Ensure response to correspondence within 24 hours
- Draft and Review contracts/ agreements within 48 hours of request.
- Profer advise within the stipulated timeline.
- Ensure document is released within 10 minutes of request.
- Ensure documents are not released without appropriate authorization.
Skills / Competence Requirements
- Planning and good book keeping skill
- Proactive and analytical skills
- Good relationship management
- Good communication skills.
- Integrity and Accuracy
- Knowledge of regulations and policies relevant to the company business
- Research and analytical skills
- Good relationship Management skills
- Drafting skills, practical knowledge of contract, analytical skills accuracy and time management skills
- In-depth understanding of company internal operations and structure
- Proactive Attitude
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity,
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Communication (oral & written)
- Good multitasking capabilities
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft
- Minimum of a first degree in Law, must have be called to the Nigerian bar.
- Professional Membership
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- A recognised professional certification will be an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] on/before Thursday, 9th January 2020 with the relevant position applied for as heading.