Job Alert: Legal and Human Resources Associate at Sankore Investment
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Sankore is an investment and advisory firm that provides an array of wealth and fund management services to individuals and institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal and Human Resources Associate
Employment Time: Full Time
Specialization: Human Resources, Legal
- The Legal and HR Associate is responsible for providing legal advisory & structuring, regulatory compliance, conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, Corporate Governance, and due diligence support for all corporate transactions across asset management.
- The role is also responsible for implementing organization-wide HR Strategy with respect to HR Operations and Administration, Recruitment and Onboarding, Learning and Development, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Engagement, Culture Management, etc.
The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
- Draft Legal documents relating to and maintain up-to-date records for all corporate transactions – Proofread, and amend drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies, and other legal documents to ensure the Company’s interest is always protected in all transactions.
- Provide legal & risk advisory and represent the company as required in negotiations for all corporate transactions.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers, lands bureau personnel, regulatory bodies and such other persons as required.
- Ensure compliance with all the necessary statutory obligations both on the part of the company and on the part of the employees.
- Deliver the highest standards of corporate legal services, corporate commercial law, governance standards and procedures in business operations.
- Corporate filings and registrations.
- Facilitate and manage regulatory and compliance-related services particularly Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financial Terrorism (AML/CFT) regulations.
- Coordinate the execution of legal documentation by third parties.
- Conduct legal research and gather related legal information for corporate transactions.
- Maintain up-to-date information on developments and regulations that pertain to the Company’s business interests.
- Manage the full cycle of recruitment, onboarding, and separation processes.
- Coordinate appraisals and performance management initiatives.
- Continually work with departments to improve internal policies and processes.
- Conduct annual industry wide compensation surveys.
- Manage HRIS updates on all platforms.
- Coordinate appraisals and performance management initiatives
- Provide expert HR advice to management and employees when appropriate.
- Prepare monthly reports on personnel activities, employee data, training, and performance to show trends and proffer solutions where improvements may be needed.
- Stay abreast of HR Trends to ensure continuous improvement in HR Processes.
- Ensure HR controls and compliance are implemented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB), Barrister at Law (Nigerian Law School) or any related field.
- 5 – 7 years’ proven work experience.
- Experience working with an Asset Management Company is an added advantage.
- Hand-on experience managing relationships and transactions with Capital Market Regulators.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with regulators and regulatory.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents.
- Acts as a catalyst to good effect by sharing information derived from a holistic view of the business and ensures those who need to know are fully briefed.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- High levels of Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas simply and summarize them effectively.
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to get the job done.
- Proactive, motivated, and possess poise and self-confidence.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively, balancing multiple deliverables efficiently.
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with colleagues, and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to bring innovations to operations.
- Highly organized.
- Intellectually curious.
- A strong focus on excellence.
- Self-driven and goal-oriented.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online