Job Alert: Livelihood Specialist Job at Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)
- Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)
- 16th January, 2020
- Human Resources / Recruitment
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- 5-7 years
- Bachelor of Arts
- 5th January, 2020
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a local Non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace building, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, education as well as governance. With funding from humanitarian donors for programs to engage in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, livelihoods, cash transfers and capacity building of humanitarian response actors.
With the aim of scaling-up and expanding its humanitarian response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries with additional assistance in a wider geographic area, CCDRN seeks to recruit the services of a qualified personnel to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Livelihood Specialist
Job Location: Adamawa
General Position Requirements
- The Livelihood specialist will be responsible for supporting activities in the intervention communities across Michika and Madagali LGAs with support to Yobe livelihood team.
- S/He will be responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic, impactful, and high-quality programming.
- The individual will report to the State Program manager and Livelihood Manager, while working collaboratively with ALL program staff.
- S/he will work extensively with other sectors to ensure that all livelihood activities are implemented successfully, timely and in accordance with donor’s requirement.
- Support project management and administration of livelihood related activities including beneficiary identification and validation, activity site allocation, planning and implementing the communal and individual activities, working with partners and facilitate monitoring.
- Contribute to all field work in collaboration with community and LGA stakeholders, providing professional skills and support towards all income generating activities.
- Working with the multi-functional team to assess the legal framework for the right to work and rights at work and recommend advocacy initiatives and policy reform to improve economic inclusion.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity, protection and capacity building into all livelihood activities as appropriate.
- Work with the M&E department in conducting monitoring and data collection, while assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed.
- Contribute to providing the Livelihood Manager, State Program Manager and Project Development Officer with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community.
- Ensure the cohesion of the overall livelihoods approach through a close working relationship with the livelihood teams in Yobe state.
- Contribute to applying well researched and thought out interventions to restart livelihood activities. Knowledge of the 3 W’s, the Where/Why/What strategy.
- Decide on the technical basis for the implementation, like through which tools, who are the recipients, what do they need in terms of distribution of activities, and where it will take place.
- Strengthen, guide and monitor the livelihoods interventions and ensure compliance with project Minimum Criteria for Livelihoods programming.
- Lead where necessary community meetings, advocacy and sensitizations to identify Livelihoods priorities. Stand as a focal person for CCDRN before community/association/group members.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the position.
- BA or BSC in relevant field required; MA / MSC / MBA or equivalent preferred in engineering, .
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee, IDP and situations in the Northeast.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on economic development, economic development, livelihood enhancement, or poverty reduction preferably.
- Experience with conducting assessments, monitoring and evaluation and report writing required.
- Demonstrates training and facilitation experience, as well as skills in knowledge management.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel within intervention locations.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages.
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude.
- Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team, share ideas and learn
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected]
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted