Job Alert: Logistics Supervisor – (CTC/CTU) at Medecins Sans Frontieres
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation…
Logistics Supervisor – (CTC/CTU)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience 2 years
- Location Bauchi
- Job Field Logistics
Place of Recruitment: Bauchi — Work location: Bauchi — Type of Contract; fixed term
Deadline for the applications: June 19 th 2021 at 12h00
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Applications must be in English and include:
Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
Updated contact details and ID
Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
And Please if you meet all the requirements, kindly fill the below form
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application