Job Alert: Mechanical Technician (Senior / Junior Level) – M / F at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Representing upstream in exploration, offshore and onshore production, as well as downstream in refining and petrochemicals, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is dedicated to addressing the emerging human, technological and environmental challenges involved in maintaining and operating new oil and gas fields.
Our success is built on over 40 years of rich histor…
Mechanical Technician (Senior / Junior Level) – M / F
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: On demand
Contract duration: 1 month
- Performs on-site maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility
- Respects all COMPANY’s HSE regulations (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility
- Executes all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition
- Ensures all worksites are clean and tidy on completion of works
- Ensures all problems are immediately highlighted to his Supervisor and COMPANY
- Participates fully in Pre-work assessments and risk assessments and abides by the recommendations
- Ensures all anomalies, near misses and accidents are reported to Company.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND), Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent including City & Guilds (C&G) Finals with a minimum of Upper Credit in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Participation in a recognized Trade Apprenticeship or verified technician training scheme is an added advantage.
- One (1) to ten (10) years’ experience in offshore or land based oil and gas production operations and maintenance
- Offshore Documents – HUET/BOSIET.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge and hands-on experience with the following mechanical machines, equipment and systems:
- Pumps – Repairs, overhauling and installation
- Compressors – Repairs, overhauling and installation
- Valves – Repairs and installation
- Cranes – Repairs and overhauling
- Fresh Water Maker – Repairs and maintenance
- Diesel Engines – Maintenance, repairs and overhauling
- Alignment – Use of dial indicator and Laser Equipment alignment kits
- Lubrication and greasing
- Measuring tools – Proper use and application of various measuring tools
- Pipework and flanged connections – breaking, spading and installation
- Electrical drive motors – Installation and lubrication.
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum level of experience required:
- 1 year or more
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SPIE Oil & Gas Services on www.join.spieogs.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application