Job Alert: Medical Director at Platinum Careers
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Welcome to Platinum Careers, leaders in professional HR Services. Over the years we have supported many of the country’s top organizations to recruit, source and manage the highly-skilled talent they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive world.
Global Reach, Local Touch
We are a Human resource consulting company with head office in Ikoyi…
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Reporting to: Chief Medical Officer
Direct Reports: Clinical Teams, Clinical Departments, Diagnostics, Bio Medical Engineering, Technicians & Paramedics
The objective of this role is to ensure the qualitative functioning of the hospital in the delivery of patient care within the overview of the mission, vision, values and ethos of the Hospital Group as an organization and delivering quality services and excellent learning outcomes. Ensuring compliance to Clinical SOPs
2. KEY PEFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide advice to the CMO & CEO as required on medical and non-medical issues, in accordance with the local and national policy.
- Develop and manage healthcare services for the ecosystem. Responsible to ensure timely access to quality services, patient safety and implementation of the hospital’s clinical governance strategy.
- Manage all resources within control in the most appropriate way to ensure effective services, while ensuring value for money.
- Work with Department Heads to ensure that the hospital meets all its corporate responsibilities, including those regarding finance, health and safety, etc.
- Adhere to the standards laid down in the Code of Conduct for the staff at all times and act in a manner which supports and promotes the values of the hospital.
- Undertake relevant tasks outside the normal responsibilities on behalf of the Chief
- Medical Officer and support the duties of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Work in collaboration with heads of clinical departments, taking a lead role in the development and implementation of a medical workforce strategy to support the delivery of both the medical agenda and the hospital’s clinical strategy.
- Develop the role of clinical leaders within the hospital, by building leadership capacity and offering individual mentorship, where appropriate.
- Ensure that the medical workforce strategy supports hospital compliance with statutory regulations and professional recommendations.
- Take the lead clinical role in developing and implementing the hospital’s clinical strategy, ensuring the provision of an appropriate and effective range of services and ensuring that planned changes or developments are clinically sound.
Clinical governance and accountability for patient care:
- In partnership with the Chief of Nursing, ensure the development and delivery of an effective, outcome-focused nursing strategy.
- Support the CMO for clinical governance with particular responsibility for clinical effectiveness.
- Ensure that SOPS are in place and are made known to all doctors, for reporting a colleague doctor when they have concerns that their conduct, performance or health might be a threat to patients.
- Lead on clinical governance matters involving doctors, with particular reference to quality, infection control and risks management
- Ensure that the hospital clinical risk management strategy is implemented and regularly reviewed.
- Work with the Head of HR, take responsibility for the implementation of HR policies among the medical staff, in particular the policies for dealing with concerns, exclusions, conduct, performance and sickness of the medical staff.
- Provide effective professional leadership to and oversee the management of, all the medical staff working in the hospital.
- Lead and develop clinical engagement in the management for running the hospital.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, ensure that effective systems are in place for job planning and appraisal of all career grade medical staff.
- Ensure that policies, procedures and protocols are implemented to manage appraisals job planning, recruitment, selection, disciplinary and performance management processes for all the staff.
Professional advice and leadership:
- Provide professional and clinical leadership in the delivery of healthcare services and be responsible for supervising the conduct and performance of all doctors working in the hospital.
- Be the guardian for the hospital and ensure that the hospital complies with all the requirements for institutional governance.
- Represent the hospital on Medical Committees and other such bodies as directed by the CMO.
- Encourage continuous improvement and excellence in the provision of clinical services throughout the hospital.
- Advise the management on the impact of professional issues, statutory requirements, changes in clinical practice and the provision of clinical services.
- Network and consult with medical colleagues and local general practitioners in supporting the corporate agenda and clinical strategy of the hospital.
Education, training and research:
- Support all career grade medical staff in their continuing education and professional development.
- Take an active role in the development of a plan to meet the training and development needs of all the staff.
- Regular appraisal of the clinical teams as per policy and ensuring effectiveness of the appraisal process.
- Ensure the hospital meets its obligations and offer guidance in the implementation of regulations and recommendations, in particular in the training of junior doctors.
- Ensure effective multi-channel communication across the hospital.
- Contribute to and support effective external communication with other providers.
- Support the CMO in ensuring appropriate liaison with other providers on clinical practice matters within the hospital.
- Act as an ambassador for the hospital and facilitate good relationships with the local community.
- Patient satisfaction.
- Clinical Outcomes
- Operational excellence at optimum costs.
- Value based and ethical practices.
- Increase in revenue generation and simultaneous control on expenditure.
- Effective utilization of resources.
- Evolution of a leading culture.
- Adherence to clinical procedures, protocols and practices.
- Development of branding and proper branding of clinical services.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Should be a qualified specialist Physician ideally with a professional qualification. Fully registered and licenced with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. MBA or its equivalent would be an advantage.
- Should have a satisfactory record of continuous professional development.
- Should be up-to-date with knowledge of current health agenda.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a clinical leadership position, Medical administration & managing multiple site business operations.
- Should have a sound knowledge of clinical governance and effective systems of medical management, such as job planning, appraisal and clinical assessment.
- Should understand medical recruitment and training matters. Experience in fiscal accountability and budgeting.
- Demonstrable leadership role and achievement in a complex healthcare delivery system.
- Working knowledge of key regional and national initiatives impacting on quality care delivery and accreditation
- Working knowledge of key issues around Learning and Development
- Knowledge and experience of quality infrastructure is needed, including how to develop and implement decision tools, clinical protocols and guidelines, care management programs, and outcome measurement assessments.
- Needs working knowledge of information technology, including statistical analysis, clinical epidemiology, and medical informatics; understanding of best practices and how to successfully introduce information technology into clinical practice.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Platinum Careers on platinum-careers.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application