Job Alert: National Consultant – Vocational Training Beneficiaries at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position
Job Title: National Consultant – Support the Selection and Registration of Vocational Training Beneficiaries in Taraba State
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Duration of Initial Contract: 20 Working Days
Expected Duration of Assignment: 20 Working Days
The farmers-herders violence is both widespread and fluid in scope, making any geographic limitations to
Although the recent escalation of the crisis has highlighted the volatile security environment on the ground, research suggests that the Nasarawa-Benue-Taraba nexus has long faced these problems. According to the Uppsala Conflict Data Program’s (UCDP) Geo-referenced Event Dataset (GED), 28% of deaths in attacks between farmers and herders
The Project on Integrated Approach to Building Peace in Nigeria’s Farmer-Herder Crisis Project will, therefore, target the three states of Benue, Nasarawa and Taraba with state-level activities,
The in-depth work with communities will target the following Local Government Areas: Ibi LGA and Wukari LGA (in Taraba), Awe LGA and Keana LGA (in Nasarawa), and Logo LGA and Guma LGA (in Benue).
In targeting these areas, the project will inevitably work with one state that has banned open grazing and enforced it (Benue); one state that has legislated to ban it but not enforced it (Taraba); and one state that has not yet passed any legislation on open grazing (Nasarawa).
The second outcome of this project is “strengthening economic interdependence between farmers and herders” This outcome has one of its output as providing livelihood opportunities for agricultural/pastoral interface based vocational training to men, women and youths in the communities where in the project is being implemented in the three states.
Over two hundred forms have been distributed to IDPs in the affected communities identified for project implementation in Wukari and Ibi LGAs of Taraba state
Duties and Responsibilities
- The main
objectiveof this consultancy is to ensure that effective logistics management is providedfor the smooth and efficient running of the beneficiaries’ profiling and selection exercise. In addition, is to support the documentation and processing of payment to workshop participants from past events in the last two months on the project. The specific objectives include:
successfulregistration and documentation of all the participants;
- Ensure proper data management of
databaseof beneficiaries created; and
- Ensure participants’ details
are entered into databaseand processed for payment of DSA from past workshops held in Benue, Taraba and Nasarawa States.
Scope of Work
The administrative assistant will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Provide support to the profiling team;
- Establish contacts with the beneficiaries and provide them with necessary information on the training;
- Support the registration process for screened/verified vocational training applicants;
- Enter details of past workshop participants from the Project into the template;
- Support the processing of DSA to past workshop participants on the
- Carry out any other duties as
may beassigned by the Project Manager.
- List of finally registered beneficiaries with the profile of the choice of trade selected for vocational training;
- Profiling and registration report for beneficiaries of vocational training;
- List of workshop participants and DSA
due tothem for workshops attended within the last two months; and
- Approved payment schedule for workshop participants cleared by finance unit.
- The Administrative
assistantis under direct supervision of the UNDP Project Manager, who will assign duties and responsibilities as he deems fit and depending on the exigencies of the activity
- The Administrative Assistant will submit a report at the end of the beneficiary profiling and selection exercise but not later than 5 days after
the end ofthe exercise
- Upon receipt of the report, the Project Manager shall issue a certificate of satisfactory performance to her/him.
A copy of such certification will be sentto UNDP Service Centre for payment of the contract fee.
- The preferred candidate for this position should have a working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Should be a good team player
- Must be proficient in administrative processes (such as records taking and documentation).
Required Skills and Experience
- The preferred candidate for the position of Administrative Co-ordinator must possess an Ordinary National Diploma / Nigeria Certificate in Education NCE.
- A minimum of 2 years experience or a first degree with post-National Youth Service Corps experience;
- Previous experience with UNDP in training/workshop management or in similar capacity will be an added advantage.
- Prefarred candidate must be fluent in English Language for official purposes.
Selection Criteria and Payment Terms
- An Ordinary National Diploma or higher qualification in any field of study or similar qualifications – 25 points
- At least 2 years working experience in training / workshop / dialogue management, rapporteur and report writing – 40 points;
- At least 3 years post-graduation working experience with similar functions in any organization – 20 points
- Experience in UN training/workshop management – 15 points.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online