Job Alert: Nigeria Financial Correspondent at Thomson Reuters
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals
We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s…
Read more about this company
Nigeria Financial Correspondent
- Job Type Full Time
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Req #: JREQ135571
Job Function: News & Editorial
- Reuters is looking for an energetic correspondent to lead coverage of financial markets, monetary policy and the banking sector in Nigeria. Based in Lagos, the correspondent will report on a key emerging market, Africa’s biggest economy and top oil producer.
- We are looking for someone who is equally comfortable covering market-sensitive stories in real time, breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, and crafting deeply reported features on policymakers’ sometimes unconventional strategies to stimulate growth and diversify Nigeria’s economy away from oil.
- There will also be opportunities to participate in other aspects of our coverage, from Nigeria’s thriving film industry to its bloody insurgencies.
You should have:
- Experience reporting on financial or equities markets
- A proven ability to build strong market sources and break news
- A background in real-time news
- An ability to explain complex markets to a broad business audience
- Strong news judgement and writing skills
- Experience using data and analytical tools to highlight trends
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Thomson Reuters on jobs.thomsonreuters.com to applyInterested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below.