Job Alert: Nigeria Product Innovations Coordinator at One Acre Fund
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Product Innovations Coordinator
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: The Impact Innovations Lead
About the Role
- The Product Innovations Coordinator works closely with the Impact Lead to implement trials.
- This is a management role overseeing a team of Trial Officers / Assistants and coordinating all field implementation of product trials.
- These trials are often conducted in collaboration with farmers in their fields across all regions of the One Acre Fund operation, currently encompassing Niger and Oyo State.
Trial Design and Planning:
- Support the Innovations Lead in field trial planning and design
- Oversee Trial farmer’s selection, enrollment, Training and Input Delivery Monitor Trial plot set up and establishment, coordinate site selection to be representative of agroecological zones of One Acre Fund’s operation regions and support in sample size calculations.
- Manage Project dashboard, map activities to timelines and prepare reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare and monitor budget for all field activities.
Trial Management and Execution:
- Monitor essential benchmarks and important performance indicators of trials, such as enrollment, compliance and data quality.
- Assess risks and constraints to trial execution and success and report
- Ensure an up-to-date monitoring and reporting of field activities by tracking progress of trial enrollment and execution and report to line manager.
- Work with the line manager to troubleshoot issues /challenges in trial enrollment and execution.
- Prepare and monitor project dashboards Review CommCare tablet surveys and ensure field tests catch any data risks.
- Monitor data quality and identify trends in errors Be available and prepared to work during the December and January holidays, and other national and religious holidays, as the work necessitates.
- Provide field-facing support and training to Innovations Officers / Assistants.
- Organize and anchor staff weekly meetings and field visits to trial sites Share field feedback with the line managers for improved data quality, efficiency of resources, and trial execution.
- Support periodic performance review of Innovations Officers / Assistant Hold regular check-in with direct reports (Innovations Officers / Assistants)
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, there are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Degree in Agriculture is essential, Bachelor’s degree in Crop Production / Agronomy is preferred
- Work experience in Agricultural research, Research Station and On Farm Trials is required
- At least 1-2 years of people or project management experience at work or outside of work.
- A willingness to live in Minna, close to our customers full-time – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Strong computer skills in at least Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)required. Familiarity G suits an added advantage
- Working knowledge of ODK, CommCare, or similar survey software.
- Language proficiency in both English and Hausa/Yoruba, written and verbal is required.
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria.
Preferred Start Date:
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role.
- We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely.
- Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance paid time off.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.
- Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.