Job Alert: Nigeria Systems and Operations Lead at One Acre Fund Nigeria
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
One Acre Fund Nigeria – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Systems and Operations Lead
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About The Role
- As Nigeria Systems and Operations Lead you will join a growing team that is striving to put an end to poverty by transforming the lives of Nigerian farmers. The team’s purpose is to scale the OAF model in Nigeria. Reporting to the Nigeria Country Lead, you will support the expansion of the OAF model in Nigeria.
- As Lead you will benefit from this experience, quickly developing your skill-set through immersion in the operating environment. At the same time, the main role of the Systems Associate is to accelerate growth and to constantly stretch and improve OAF’s operations.
- This presents an excellent career opportunity to both learn from One Acre Fund’s accumulated experience and always improve and ensure 40%+ program growth per year.
- Finance: You will keep track of in-country expenditures, monthly forecasting, fraud control and managing payroll. You will build tools, systems and a team.
- Logistics: The primary responsibility here is to ensure that OAF provides life-changing inputs and materials to farmers on time and at high-quality. You will lead the process of storing, then delivering hundreds of tones of seed and fertilizer to thousands of farmers. This will require planning, troubleshooting, warehouse management, procurement of trucks, route mapping
- Team Building and Management: You will hire staff using One Acre Fund’s unique “experiential hiring” system, mentoring essential deputies, and steadily handing off responsibilities to your team as you build it.
- Collaboratewith Global Team Members: In all of the above, there are dedicated global support teams with processes that need to be observed. You will work with them to ensure that the Nigeria pilot is compliant with these and to mobilize their assets.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters Degree is an added advantage.
- 4+ Years of work experience in a busy or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a big conference, or a startup.
- At least 2 years of people and project management experience focused on strategy. Someone able to full own projects, and really guide projects forward independently.
- Experience working in an environment where frequent inter-department communication is required.
- Ability to understand complex concepts quickly and learn fast!
- Logical thinker and comfort with analysis. We are looking for someone can use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations.
- Proficiency in use of MS office (word, excel and PowerPoint required) and experience using an ERP.
- English is required, proficiency in any additional regional languages from Nigeria
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.