Job Alert: Offshore Laboratory Technician – Crude Oil at GUS Consulting
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
GUS Consulting Ltd is a dynamic provider of value-adding services to the oil & gas, energy & maritime industries. Over the years, our service delivery method has remained of the highest industry standard. Utilizing local expertise, we aim to deliver superior and unrivalled services driven by state of the art industry practices and our clients’ requir…
Offshore Laboratory Technician – Crude Oil
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Delta
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Conduct laboratory analysis to determine the density of crude oil using a hydrometer and densitometer.
- Determine the Reid vapor pressure of crude oil using gauge bombs.
- Determine the pour and the cloud point of crude oil using automated and manual methods.
- Determine the sulphur and salt contents of crude oil using automated machines.
- Determine the BS&W in crude oil using dean and stark and centrifuge machine.
- Determine crude oil quality.
- Conduct the analysis of ion concentration of effluent water using a spectrophotometer.
- Determine the oil, grease, and total petroleum hydrocarbon content of effluent water.
- Conduct salinity test, total dissolved solids, dissolved oxygen, conductivity, and pH of produced water before discharge.
- Conduct crude oil assay for barging-in and export operations.
- B.Sc / HND or Tertiary Education qualification in any Engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC work experience in a similar or related role within the oil & gas industry.
Key Attributes & Skills:
- Work experience in the oil & gas with necessary documents to work offshore such as BOSIET.
- Offshore work experience of a production platform / FSO/ FPSO is an added advantage.
- Relevant training in Gas Chromatography, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy, etc are added advantage.
- This role requires practical hands-on experience in the field and a good understanding of relevant industry practices, codes, and standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills – The ability to prepare and deliver presentations is essential.
- Good knowledge of MS Office apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Result oriented and proactive.
- Must be a team player.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Offshore Laboratory Technician” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Due to volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application