Job Alert: Oracle Database Administrator Consultant at Opass Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Opass Limited – Our aim is to ensure sustained growth by providing a range of unique services to our diverse clients. Our area of expertise is Human Capital Development. Our assurance is to satisfy our clients wholly and devise solutions to their people needs. Established in 1982 as Olgreen Personnel and Secretarial Services, the company name changed to OPASS Limited, a limited liability in 1987. Accredited by the Centre for Management Development, OPASS Limited has been involved in Training, Recruitment and Manpower Development since 1982.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator Consultant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Linus OS
- Installing and maintaining the Oracle database software
- Patching and upgrading of database
- Supporting and administration of RAC database
- Back up of database using RMAN, data guard and oracle golden gate.
- Creating autonomous database backups.
- Managing data security.
- Good knowledge in Oracle database/E Business suite architecture and components.
- Experience in all routine DBA tasks including health checks, troubleshooting issues and installations.
- Good knowledge of PLSQL, and SQL
- Knowledge of traces, tkprof and find poorly performing SQL. Rewrite poorly performing SQL.
- Knowledge of auditing oracle databases.
- Good understanding of logical and physical Oracle database architecture
- Creating Data Definition Language (DDL) scripts and implement physical schemas in accordance with the clients Data Administration Metadata Standards
- Ability to use change management software (for example, HP Service Manager) to create and manage change requests for database modifications
- Ability to communicate interact with the Application Development Teams
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the corporate Database Administration community and Data Management group
- Ability to consult with corporate Database Management group when recommending and implementing database security best practices
- Ability to work with the corporate Database Management group to ensure the security of the databases
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to conduct application performance tuning
- Ability to rebuild database LOB indexes to improve on database query performance.
- Ability to perform patch analysis for applying Oracle Critical Patch Update in Oracle Weblogic servers and database servers.
- Good knowledge of Unix Shell.
- Ability to monitor daily backups and perform Oracle database clone using RMAN duplicate database concept to refresh UAT, Training databases from production backups.
- Ability to provide technical support to the developers and functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Proven work experience as a Database administrator.
- Working experience in Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c versions.
- Experience in OEM like Agents, configuring targets and thresholds.
- Familiarity with Oracle database design, coding, and documentation.
- Knowledge of database backup procedures, and recovery systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages, SQL and API.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Certification in Oracle Database Administration a plus.
N200,000 per month plus benefits
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.