Job Alert: Procurement Assistant at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
We provide emergency assistance in disasters, work for long-term development in local communities and address the root causes
of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, business
and religious leaders.
Norwegian Church Aid is an ecumenical diaconal organisation for global justice.
We work to help the poorest and those in need, reg…
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- The Procurement Assistant will support the day-to-day functions and general procurement activities in the Maiduguri Office to ensure compliance with NCA and donor procurement procedures.
Specific Objectives of Mission (Objectives, Scope and Deliverables)
- Procurement Support: To provide seamless support across NCA procurement activities.
- Logistics Support: Provide effective and efficient logistics support to NCA mission.
- Archiving: Update and ensure proper and accurate filing and archiving of procurement and other related documents.
Roles and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Procurement Support:
- Support the procurement officer to ensure that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Support in coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Carry out a range of procurement tasks, such as receiving and registering PRs, updating, and maintaining the Procurement Tracking Sheet, PTS, uploading document on Teams.
- Routine communication, coordination, and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Issue RFQ/Ps to vendors, receive price quotations/ proposals, liaise with, and follow up with suppliers on on-going procurement to ensure timely delivery.
- Follow up and submit complete procurement dossiers after ensuring all required authorizations are done.
- Provide general support in procurement by ensuring adherence to NCA procurement policies and procedures.
- Support in Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
Objective 2: Logistics Support:
- Support all vehicular and fleet related activities along with the Logistics officer.
- Identify assets during procurement and notify the relevant officer on receipt of assets while, providing support with asset management.
- Support with general office logistics activities when required.
Objective 3: Support Archiving:
- Proper filing and archiving of completed procurement documents in hard and soft copies.
- Updating the Procurement Tracking Sheet and keeping hard copies after procurements are concluded.
- Any other duties or task delegated by supervisor.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in supply chain, social sciences, management, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of Two (2) years of relevant procurement experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the current market with excellent negotiation skills.
- Discrete and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and work independently while being a team player.
- High degree of integrity with sound office etiquette.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to organize task and identify priorities.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics within Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter and CV in a single document (d in your name) to: [email protected]
The position title and location should be indicated in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application