Job Alert: Procurement Manager at Ibis
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Ibis is an international hotel company, owned by a holding company of hotels AccorHotels approximately three times the size, that is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. The ibis opened its founding hotel in 1974 and in January 2014 the company opened the 1,000th example in Surabaya, Indonesia. Around 400 ibis Hotels are throughout Fra…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Job: Purchasing / Procurement
Organization: Gulf (excl Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) and Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Type: Permanent
Job Level: Non – Management
- As a Procurement Manager, one should work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends.
- Also to assist the Finance and Operational Departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of Cost of Sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, forecasting etc.
Procurement Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement sound procurement policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Ensures that all authorised or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the procurement unit in all aspects.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
- Obtains written approval for established Minimum / Maximum stock levels by the financial controller and general manager.
- Checks, explain if needed and approves delivered items issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the ‘pending orders’ report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- On a daily basis prepare the list of to be cancelled orders and sent to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
- Issues regularly slow moving item lists.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilising vendor’s logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
- Responsible for all procurement functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorised issue requests).
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
- Spot checks storeroom requests if properly maintained, verifies quantity requested and issued, proper items received by signatories & ID availability.
- Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity quotes locked by, etc.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Strong negotiating and closing skills required, along with a demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies for complex activities
- Ability to evaluate legal and business risks and ramifications of proposed contractual terms. Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Graduate or Diploma in Business Studies or MBA in Purchasing and Supply
- With good knowledge of MS office and Materials management software (MMS)
- Previous minimum of 4 years experience as Asst. Procurement Manager 4 years with expertise in the Hotel and Catering industry.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ibis on accorhotels.taleo.net to apply