Job Alert: Product Manager at Umba
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Umba combines advanced tools and techniques to optimize risk exposures in emerging markets that are currently underserved by traditional banking services. The Umba platform allows users to apply, receive and repay microloans through their mobile phone while using machine learning to underwrite using a risk score that is highly accurate and improves over time.
umba has just rolled out a new online POS solution and is teaming up with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants to increase customers access to online goods and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Contracted to Full Time
Level: Mid Level
- We are looking for a Product Manager to join the lending team at the Nigeria office. The Product Manager manages the successful development and implementation of credit products
- This person is responsible for the strategy, product planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle and defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- The ideal candidate will be curious, have strong attention to detail, and passion for customer success.
- Build the next generation of our core risk engine including machine learning pipeline, underwriting models, 3rd party data capture, and pricing engine.
- Drive forward the high leverage and high impact internal underwriting, pricing, and verification tools to optimize the business on the fly.
- Provide a good research POV on machine learning tools and libraries and how they can be practically leveraged for near-term impact.
- Operate as an industry expert and provide stakeholders with an understanding of the latest and greatest ways ML is being leveraged by others.
- Break vision into phases, prioritize and drive backlogs for launch with your dedicated engineering teams.
- Work with internal stakeholders from risk, legal, operations, and executive management to translate business needs into product requirements.
- Work closely with designers, developers (both locally and remotely), Q/A testers, and subject matter experts to get requirements well scoped, designed, tested, and built.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Engineering, Data Science, Economics, or related technical field is preferred
- 3-4 Years of Product Management Experience
- Proven results influencing stakeholders and displaying improvements
- Ability to translate complex problems and ideas into easily understood descriptions
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent backend platform systems that support the customer experience
- Proven ability to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain
- Proven ability to innovate and come up with ideas to help drive the product forward
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into technical detail
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills – delivery and action-oriented
Nice to have:
- Experience with building machine-learning enabled credit products
- Experience in financial services
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Valid work authorization for Nigeria
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online