Job Alert: Programme Manager (CVP) at SOS Children Villages
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
We work to prevent family breakdown and care for children who have lost parental care, or who risk losing it. We work with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children, in every society, are respected and fulfilled.
We are non-governmental and non-denominational. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted par…
Programme Manager (CVP)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 – 8 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Gwagwalada, Abuja
- The role of the Programme Manager is to lead the SOS Children’s Village Programme location
- In this role, he/she is responsible and accountable for the overall development and management of the programme location and its staff, leads the planning [including budgeting], fundraising, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programme, as well as all relevant programme interventions, in accordance with the organizational policies and strategy
- He/she leads the programme team, facilitating and promoting cooperation among all co-workers, and ensuring the appropriate resource allocation for the programme strategy and plan actualization
- He/she builds and maintains positive and strong relationships with the community, local authorities and a network of partner organizations, as required for the effective implementation of the programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead initial planning of the programme for this location, including budgeting.
- Contributing to the development of the National Association and the SOS Children’s Villages Organization.
- Promoting strong and long-term partnerships with local authorities, partner organizations and the community.
- Establishes and promotes the on-going monitoring and evaluation of all programme interventions.
- Leads the implementation and on-going development of all programme interventions at the programme location.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Law, Political Science, Development Studies, etc. However, a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the Master’s Degree.
- At least 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to family strengthening and alternative care programs – at least three (3) years of which must be in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in Child Protection, Child Safeguarding, Family Strengthening, WASH, FSL and other sector programing.
- Demonstrated high experience with budgeting, project development, fundraising, and report writing, and grants management
- Significant experience in project management at a high level in a non-profit environment
- Previous management experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience of donor guidelines indispensable.
- Experience in security management.
Other Relevant Experience:
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent working knowledge in English
- Attitude for teamwork and good leadership skill
- Knowledge using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools;
- Knowledge of early warning systems;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SOS Children Villages on www.sosvillages-nigeria.org to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love
Method of Application