Job Alert: Project Manager at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries – regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Ref Id: AD-WF00012
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full-Time (1 post)
- Under the direction of the Area Coordinator – the Project Manager will provide leadership and support in all aspects of ADRA Nigeria’s Third Party Monitoring activities and intervention in spearheading ADRA Nigeria’s vision of making a difference in the lives of the vulnerable populace.
- To oversee, the management and supervision of Monitoring and evaluation of cooperating partners activities and processes in field operations. In the absence of the Area Coordinator, to coordinate the overall program activities in Borno and Yobe states in consultation with the ERC or Country Director’s office.
- The ultimate expected results are to strengthen ADRA’s TPM system, to enhance strengthening of M&E capacity of other project staffs in data analysis and utilization, to improve accountability and the use of empirical evidence for learning and adapting, and to maintain strategic alignment with the Third party Monitoring (TPM) objectives outlined in the program guidelines and to support ADRA’s activities and reporting requirements by utilizing reporting tools, monitoring plans, Performance Reporting System (PRS) that tracks indicators performance across the Program and donor requirements.
- ADRA is seeking for an experienced Project management to support the implementation of and improve the Performance Reporting System/Monitor requirements for the Program and donor reporting requirements.
- The Project personnel will manage the State Coordinators, Field Supervisors and field monitoring staffs and enumerators to ensure timely execution of deliverables in accordance with the approved work plan, and ensure that Program feedback is appropriately communicated to the stakeholders and integrated into revised work plans.
- S / he will work with internal and external stakeholders including direct contacts with donors to ensure that the program’s data collection; reporting and analysis meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders to include partner M&E-related reporting requirements.
- S / he will provide key expertise in the managing the design and analysis of data for the organization in regard to the program implementation through a coordinated network of assigned staffs.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure collection of feedback from state coordinators and field program technical teams on the functionality of the programs activities and ensure that communication is efficiently delivered to the head of programs and to the donors where possible.
- Ensure that TPM project objectives are achieved through the hired personnel and data in Performance Reporting Systems are up-to-date, accurate and reliable; update as necessary with changes in indicators, processes and feedback from the programs teams and stakeholders.
- Supervise and administer the field technical teams with proper collaboration of the teams, with emphasis on data validation, data analysis, and data visualizations during Program Reviews, Performance and Plan Reporting and other reporting needs.
- Ensure and approval of training planning for field program staffs on data entry, data analysis, data visualizations, and how to maximize the functionality of the M&E activities.
- Manage the ADRA TPM system, anticipate challenges and administer creative, efficient and effective solutions before they occur.
- Ensure proper routine coordination with TPM M&E teams, and State Coordinators to determine priority tasks. Ensure the programs head is aware of and up to date on all M&E tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase for each component in assigned locations in accordance to approved work plans by the Area coordinator and ERC’s office.
- In coordination with the Area Coordinator and Emergency Response Coordinator’s office, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level activities and present the plan for approval by the responsible senior managers.
- Ensure production of a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Review and input to draft “interim evaluation reports” (IER) based on prescribed format d by field staffs and M&E officer and prepare presentation of the same to the senior management for approval before submission to the stakeholders.
- Ensure proper monitor and evaluation of compliancy of program-policy and standard operating procedures (SOPs) required and findings with the Area Coordinator and
- Emergency Response Coordinator’s office on a Monthly basis.
- Serve as primary point of contact between ADRA and stakeholders for any data and information about programs activities when developing impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting.
- observations from monitoring data with Area Coordinator and Emergency Response Coordinator when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Ensure production and identification of lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Final Evaluation Reports.
- First degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or related field is desired. Relevant experience in project management, field monitoring, evaluation design, assessments, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and / or information management design is required.
- At least more than one year of working in humanitarian responses and donor funded programs reporting requirements is a must.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong attention to detail, and statistical, analytical, and visual capabilities for various data types.
- Ability to use advanced data collection tools / gadgets and interpret coded data generated by data collecting gadgets like Kobo tool.
- Ability to interpret and visualize time series indicator performance data Familiarity with humanitarian response monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Applications should be submitted online and in English only using the link above
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number)
Interested and qualified? Go to The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) career website on docs.google.com to apply