Job Alert: Project Officer – Water Infrastructure Construction at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – Project Officer – Water Infrastructure Construction
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Project Officer – Water Infrastructure Construction
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Zamfara
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Reference No: 2100008K
Employment Type: Full-time
Job: Technical Programming
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
- The Project Officer – Water Infrastructure Construction will be responsible for the management of construction performance during the execution phase.
- The construction may range in size from small repairs to mega/new works to provide water infrastructure for agricultural production.
- The selected candidates are expected to have prior construction oversight, quality assurance, reporting experience, contract administration of similar activity. Additional experience in the use of water for agriculture will be a plus.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensure construction firm maintain compliance with the Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) so that work is accomplished in an environmentally sound manner using safe work practices.
- Understand the technical drawings, Bill of Quantities (BoQs), technical specifications and ensure the work meets project contractual expectations, deliverables, quality standards, schedule, costs, and scope.
- Monitor performance and schedule of the project and recommend corrective measure if necessary.
- Prepare daily reports on progress of work completed and other reports as may be directed by DCoP.
- Verify work completed and prepare payments reports at various stages of the construction.
- Provide support through technical guidance as well as supervision to the field teams/construction firm to promote quality in project deliverables.
- Represent the organization, collaborate, and liaise with key state, local government officials and community members as will be required by the activity.
- Collaborate with other engineering/construction team members within the state of implementation and other locations as may be directed by the DCoP or CoP.
- Support in the formation/re-formation, training, and monitoring of Water Users’ Association (WUAs) and Water Management Committees (WMCs) in the affected LGAs and communities for the sustainability of water infrastructure.
- Maintain knowledge of all contract terms and legal requirements for construction projects to avoid any delay in projects and provide support to all work groups and participate in various actively to ensure completion for all projects.
- Provide technical supports as may be required to enhance the successful implementation of the activity.
- Coordinate the quality component of the sites that are being supervised.
- Contribute to the development of Bills of Quantities (BoQs), technical drawings, and tender documents.
- Work closely with foremen and to provide technical expertise (e.g., mentoring, monitoring, water quality, construction, assessments) related to the planned infrastructure works carried out at each site.
- Support foremen to utilize simple infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g., checklists).
- Support in trainings for Water Governance in Operations and Maintenance of Water Infrastructures.
Information Management / Reporting:
- Report the daily progress of works to DCoP.
- Ensure that all Water infrastructure data within the staff’s portfolio of sites is well managed and provides an accurate representation of the reality on the ground.
- Submit regular reports related to the project’s Water infrastructure to DCoP.
Security Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible of the day-to-day security management as it relates to program implementation.
- Abide by the security procedures and policies and report any breaches.
- Participate in personal safety training as required.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc in a relevant discipline – Civil/Structural/Building Technology/ Environmental engineering or related fields.
- Post-graduate Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in designing and construction of water infrastructure for Agricultural production.
- Minimum of three years experience in water supply and sanitation project supervision, or construction management, with a balanced awareness of how to effectively manage contractors’ performance, preference for work within humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge of Sphere standards as relates to water supply and sanitation standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook Access).
- Proficiency with engineering designs/mapping software applications (AutoCAD, QGIS, ArcGIS).
- Good English language skills (verbal and written).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where network may be limited.
- Effective inter-personal skills, consensus-building.
- Planning and organization skills and analytical approach.
- Demonstrated experience of integrity and professionalism.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and/or Kanuri would be a plus.
- Regular travel outside of Damaturu is expected to Jakusko and Bursari LGAs. There shall be 50% travels to the field for infrastructure construction supervision and monitoring across Jakusko and Bursari LGAs of Yobe State and other implementing LGAs within Borno and Adamawa State.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation.
- Builds Relationships.
- Develops Talent.
- Strategic Mindset.
- Accountability & Stewardship.
- Team temporarily mobilize for registration or retargeting activities.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: DCoP/Infrastructure Specialist, Hydrogeologist, other water Construction Supervisors and Operations team.
- External: Contractors, relevant Ministries, Department and Agencies at State and Local Government level, Desk Officers, Water Management Committees and Operators of water infrastructures.
Method of Application
- CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Get a job fast.
Let us rewrite your CV
Method of Application