Job Alert: Psychologist at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Borno
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno and Potiskum, Yobe
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
- Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role of a Psychologist who will identify and implement relevant and innovative quality MHCP interventions, respecting ACF strategy, ACF and international standards and national policies.
- Guarantee the confidentiality of clinical interviews/ individual or group counselling with the psychologists in charge;
- Develop/contribute to the capitalization of the programme data and documentation of the innovations carried out;
- Ensure the implementation of projects consistent with the ACF charter, the ACFIN 2015 strategic framework, the Policies (MHCP and other ACF sectors), positioning documents, the national strategy and other legal texts of the technical ministry/ministries in charge of the sector, the key international documents of the sector (SPHERE, IASC and WHO Standards, etc..);
- Promote the transversal integration of the MHCP sector with the other sectors in collaboration with the Field Coordinator;
- Ensure the implementation of the complaint mechanisms focusing on the transparency and ethics of projects in particular with assisted populations;
- Monitor of programme implementation through means of internal APR monitoring tools, his/her regular presence in the field, an updated chronogram, monthly analysis of budgetary monitoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology / Psychological Counselling and Post Graduate Degree in Psychology or Public Health or related course is an added advantage;
- Experience in detection and Management of Mental Health Conditions in Health care settings
- Good Knowledge in DSM 5 Manual & MH GAP Guidelines;
- Experience in MHPSS training;
- Experience in work with NGO`s & INGOs;
- Capacity to organize & conduct workshops & trainings;
- Good supervision & reporting skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Good command of English and Hausa languages (both written and spoken);
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 339,448 per month.
Method of Application
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Get a job fast.
Let us rewrite your CV
Method of Application