Job Alert: QAQC Engineer – Process Piping at BGI Energy Services Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
BGI Energy Services Ltd (formerly known as Broad Global Investment Ltd.) is a service provider to the oil and gas industry in Nigeria.
The company was incorporated in 1991, aiming at curbing the technical deficiencies and hitches in construction, measurement, calibration & standardization, measuring facilities and instruments in the oil and gas sect…
Read more about this company
QAQC Engineer – Process Piping
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , OND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Delta
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Responsible for inspecting and ensuring that the Company’s Pipeline construction and pipeline repair projects adhere to the Project Procedure / Work Plan, industry standard, company’s safety standards, as well as all state and federal regulations.
- Provide early warning of potential quality issues and ensure non-conformances are identified and reported to COMPANY through regular review, follow-up on corrective actions and update of QA/QC status.
- Review COMPANY packages, Contractor procedures, Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) and other technical and quality documents as required.
- Ensures that all testing requirements identified in COMPANY specifications are addressed by construction Contractor or supplier.
- Verify that all testing procedures have been approved and are on site. Confirm testing parameters are duly recorded and testing equipment are calibrated.
- Support inspection of materials and review of material certification prior to use
- Verify depth and alignment of trenches, using tape measure and examines bottom of trench for rocks or other hard objects that might damage pipe coatings.
- Examines surface and x-ray films of welded joints to detect external and internal welding defects.
- Responsible for selection of welds for non-destructive testing as well as recording and listing of defective welds.
- Observe coating and wrapping of pipe or pipe joints for conformance to specifications and verify accuracy of coating by observing or conducting electrical tests for holidays.
- Carry out audit of the approved Third Party NDT Inspection Company.
- Review the inspection and testing methods and procedures for Radiographic, Dye Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, and Ultrasonic Inspections.
- Supervise and pre-qualify all crews/workers engaged in Welding Operations by conducting welder qualifications testing and procedures qualification testing.
- Review of hydrostatic test packages for NDT compliance prior to testing, and overseeing hydro pressure testing of pipelines.
- Monitor any Post Weld Heat Treatment on site and review the completed test reporting.
- Actively monitor site radiation safety and review day to day applications for x-raying of welds.
- Ensure that welding parameters and pre-heat conditions are maintained according to the specifications and procedure qualifications.
- Ensure welding standards are observed and maintained at all stages of pipeline construction.
- Represent Company and Service Contractor in a positive and professional manner.
- Review specifications and work procedures to ensure contractor comply with Company requirements.
- Ensure Contractor’s documentation are acceptable and are compiled progressively as required.
- Carry out daily surveillance reporting and submission of weekly report of Contractor’s work.
- Provide general QA/QC direction to Company on QA/QC related issues.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by COMPANY
- HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Experience: Minimum f 10 years experience in Pipeline with Project background within Oil & Gas industry.
- Construction experience is required on pipeline installations.
- Experience on construction yard in Construction Contractor team is required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must have knowledge of applicable Local and International Codes and Standards (e.g. API 1104, CSWIP, ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8), as applicable in the oil/gas
- Good understanding of design of Pipeline systems of oil and gas processing
Minimum Professional Certification(s):
- MNSE, COREN (Added advantage)
- Others: International Certifications, etc.
- Ability to communicate well in verbal and written English at all levels within the Company.
- Good team player with interpersonal skills and aptitude to work in a diverse cultural
- Ability to analyze inspection data trends and make recommendation for inspection level and frequency changes.
- Good physical condition, requires walking, climbing, and tolerance to environmental conditions.
- Understand and apply quality management principles and processes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] addressing it to the “HR Manager” and using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.