Job Alert: QHSE Officer at Vagan Oil & Gas Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 – 10 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
- The QHSE Officer is responsible for developing, maintaining, managing and implementing Company Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Management System.
- The QHSE Officer will be fully responsible for implementing safe systems of work and safe behavioral practices at all levels of the organization.
- This position provides QHSE guidance to the organization and supports the operation process in order to maintain and continually improve the safety culture and performance, in line with the organization’s needs to comply with business objectives in the short, medium and long terms and in accordance with the terms of our various contracts and the Integrated Management System
- Prepare QHSE documentation for clients/projects as per the requirements and in consultation with the BD / Operations team.
- Generates, facilitate and review QHSE risk assessments for routine and non-routine activities in consultation with the operations team.
- Communicates information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organization and promotes HSE awareness through various communication inductions, training, campaigns, flyers, discussions, emails, etc. in consultation with all relevant departments.
- Undertake QHSE inspections internally and with third parties (contractors) as per the approved inspection program of the company. Follows up on the preventive and / or corrective actions identified during the inspections and monitors the timely closing of the actions in coordination with other departments.
- Record QHSE key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary. Suggest and advise changes to ensure continuous improvement on any additional effective KPIs to be added in the system as part of continual improvement.
- maintaining the accident record book, ensuring compliance with HSE regulations. Generation and issue of Safety Alerts, HSSEQ Memos and Company’s Monthly HSSEQ Newsletters.
- Implement and coordinate QHSE procedures onsite.
- Maintain an uncompromised level of confidentiality and integrity related to all Client information and operation in general.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good command of English Language
- Able to transfer knowledge to colleagues, interns and students.
- Ensure proper record keeping.
- Communicate accurately, correctly, timely, effectively and in an appropriate manner using email, documentation and verbally. Organizing and Reporting
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent workload and time management.
- Excellent report writing skills with attention to detail, correctness and accuracy with good use of English and technical terminology.
- Able to create new reports and tools for use by employees and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google suites and Apps.
Minimum of Bachelors Degree in HSE or relevant
6-10 Years Proven(oil and gas) Industry Experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below.