Job Alert: Qualitative Research Moderators at Transcription Services International Ltd
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Read more about this company
Qualitative Research Moderators
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abia , Akwa Ibom , Anambra , Bayelsa , Cross River , Delta , Ebonyi , Edo , Enugu , Imo , Rivers
- Job Field Research / Data Analysis
Location Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo
Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Rivers
Job Field Research / Data collection
The moderators will be responsible for collecting qualitative data via focus group discussions and in-depth interviews from study subjects while maintaining
confidentiality of participants and the information collected, including interview notes and audio recordings.
- Carry out primary data collection using discussion guides.
- Audio-record the discussions and take notes.
- Participate in immediate debrief with lead qualitative researchers, and create expanded notes in English immediately after each focus group and/or in-depth
- interview using provided tool.
- Adhere strictly to study protocols, ethical research principles, and administrative requirements.
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Maintain close communication with the study manager and lead qualitative researcher by phone and email to discuss any issues and ensure adherence to
- the project plan.
- Hand over digital recordings and written transcription files to study manager/supervisor as soon as possible.
- Label files by the agreed upon naming conventions.
- Work collaboratively with study team members.
- Manage data collection by meeting deadlines and reaching agreed upon targets.
- Keeps log of daily activities and submit report at the end.
- Hard copies of original interview notes and soft copies of the expanded notes.
- Participation logs for each focus group and interview completed.
- Audio recordings of the interviews and focus group discussions following the file naming convention.
- Experience conducting qualitative in-depth interviews and focus group discussions facilitation.
- Understanding of the socio-cultural context/terrain of the state you want to work in.
- Degree in health, social sciences, education, community health or development- related field.
- Organization skills (for keeping data files organized).
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong ability to work and communicate within a team.
- Fluent in oral and written English; fluent in the major local language in the state.
- Ability to work independently and attention to detail.
- Word processing and report writing.
Competencies and Behaviors
- Ability to be open minded, emotionally intelligent and respectful.
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations.
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships.
- Ability to seek and knowledge.
- Masters Degree in Health, Social Sciences, Community Health or Development- related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience conducting qualitative research.
- Experience transcribing and translating focus groups and interviews.
Method of Application
Applicants should send CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Subject of the mail should The JOB TITLE AND STATE