Job Alert: Reading Officer – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) at Creative Associates International
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization, Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for international Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors arid partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
Reading Officer – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Education / Teaching
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Reading Officer provides overall technical oversight and guidance to the project’s support to improved reading instruction.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to the State Team Leader.
- He/she supervises the production of all NE1+-supported reading material, all NEI+-supported trainings in reading. all teacher and classroom supervision and monitoring and all student testing efforts.
- He/she ensures complementarily of activity approaches in reading across the three NEI+ activity states, liaises with government representatives and technicians on technical matters, and bears ultimate responsibility for ensuring that children in NEI+ public, IQTE, and NFLC schools achieve improved outcomes in reading.
- It is expected that the reading specialist will work directly wIth the Hausa arid English language experts
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Requires a Master’s Degree in Education, preferably with a specialty in early grade reading.
- At least 8 years of experience in programs in sub-Saharan Mica that work specifically to improve early grade reading is required.
- Prior experience with the development of early grade reading materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA, is required. Prior experience with supporting civil-society based monitoring of reading outcomes is required. The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English. It is preferred, but not required, that the candidate be conversant and fluent in written Hausa.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: [email protected] with “Reading Officer” in the email Subject line
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.