Job Alert: Recruitment of Technical Staff at Propcom Mai-karfi
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Propcom Mai-karfi is a DfID-funded programme aimed at increased incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems. It is now implementing a 3-years extension (2018-2021) to work in the following 9 states:
- Borno, Adamawa and Yobe;
- Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi and
- Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa.
Recruitment of Technical Staff
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Agriculture / Agro-Allied
Propcom Mai-karfi is looking to recruit Technical staff with relevant experience in the commercial agriculture space in Nigeria and experience working in the North East of Nigeria. We are looking to employ key staff to occupy several positions to be based in several locations with frequent travels as required.
To provide strategic direction and management to the technical work within the identified states by collaborating and coordinating with other team members, the Senior Leadership team, core specialists, the Results Measurement team and identified Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA).
SCOPE OF WORK
The work covers the management of interventions and associated activities overseeing strategic and administrative elements of it and ensuring progress and achievements which contribute to wider programme milestones. Establish, maintain and manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders and Propcom Mai-karfi partners. Maintain strong communication channels with the Support team to ensure timely, safe and appropriate delivery of activities and travels.
The key areas include, business analysis, concept development and strategy design; open communication; a relationship building. Have tested business skills and can mentor staff and beneficiaries; is an innovator and is self-motivated;
- A degree or similar qualification in Business Development, Economics, Agronomy or Development Studies or relevant experience within the commercial agriculture space;
- Work experience in activities related to agricultural commodities / marketing and sales within value chains and rural development, with some experience working with the private sector and key players that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria;
- Experience leading / managing and/or coordinating diverse teams; receiving and writing reports; managing budgets and workplans;
- Experience in business strategy development with a focus on agricultural value chain analysis;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in presentations and liaison with external parties.
- Ability to speak Hausa is desirable. Fluent verbal and written communication in English is essential.
- Previous experience working with major donors (DFID, USAID)
- Experience in market development activities in post-conflict environments
- Previous experience using the market for the poor (M4P) approach
- Knowledge of northern Nigeria Agricultural supply and demand chains
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.