Job Alert: School Head of Department at Eden Solutions and Resources
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Eden Solutions & Resources Ltd is a human resource management company that provides its client with best practice business management solutions.
Registered in 2002 in Nigeria, and managed by a competent team of professionals. Eden Solutions & Resources was initially set up, primarily as a recruitment agency but today it has evolved into company of…
School Head of Department
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 years
- Location Abia
- Job Field Education / Teaching
Our Client, an international school operating with British Curriculum located in UMUAHIA, ABIA STATE is looking to recruit committed, passionate and well experienced Head of Department:
- Setting examination papers, coordinating marking schemes and moderating examinations and assessment processes;
- Advising and contributing to curriculum development of the school and system level under the direction and guidance of the respective Education Officer;
- Holding and leading regular departmental meetings and ensuring the keeping of minutes;
- Performing the duties of a Teacher and Head a Department for a particular subject or group of subjects;
- leading the department in developing and improving teaching and learning;
- Planning curriculum including developing and maintaining schemes of work in consultation with colleagues within the department and across the whole school (vertical and horizontal planning)
- Maintaining and developing assessment practices including oral assessment, standardization and moderation strategies in line with the British Curriculum;
- Recommending appropriate professional development for department teachers within the subject area.
- Coordinating the production of department reports.
- Chair periodic department meetings, providing agendas and minutes of these meetings to the Teachers’ d folder accessible to all staff.
- Liaising with the member of staff responsible for timetabling with regard to the deployment of staff.
- Minimum Master’s Degree. Preferably in education
- TRCN certification
- Candidate must have relevant work experience (not less than 7 years) as a teacher/supervisor/head of department.
- Must possess technical understanding of the British curriculum
- Innovative thinker and a flexible approach.
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Capable of formulating and expressing an independent view and of working loyally as part of a team.
- Calmness and efficiency and the ability to work under great pressure at certain times.
- A friendly, professional approach capable of inspiring confidence in colleagues, pupils, existing parents and future prospective parents.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and in the use of ICT.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application