Job Alert: Security Officer Job at Nuru Nigeria
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Security Officer
Job Location: Yola, Adamawa
Supervises: Security Assistant
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: March 2020
Reports To: Nuru Nigeria Security Specialist
- Nuru Nigeria is searching for a Security Officer who will be responsible for implementing all NN policies and procedures regarding security and safety matters
- S/he will continuously assess the security environment and devise risk reduction strategies needed in coordination with Nuru Nigeria Security Specialist.
- The Security Officer will be based in Yola, Adamawa State with frequent visit to the field
- S/he will report to Nuru Nigeria Security Specialist and work closely with the Security Assistant.
- The Security Officer will be responsible for security management as an advisor to the Project Director and will respond to emergency and crises situations where and when needed
- Coordinate and provide training to field staff
- Act as a liaison with the field and administrative office as regard security matters
- Collect, author, compile and analyse security related reports, SOP’s and humanitarian related security information from multiple sources ensuring security posture is current and relevant to the situation on the ground
- Track and report on relevant incidences that occur within and outside NN head office
- Support and develop the capacity of national security staff
- Work with all relevant players on security matters in NN to insure proper implementation of security policies and procedures
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment for staff and visitors
- Ensure all vehicle is equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits and with Nuru Nigeria emergency numbers
- Ensure all cars seat belt are working and staff members are following the safety instruction;
- Monitor with Logistic team support the car movement and speed limit of the vehicles of NN with the tracking system;
- Coordinate staff movement in the field – with coordination of Security focal point at the field office
- Ensure NN staff are on a regularly basis updated on security situation in the country & around area where they work – by e-mail, SMS or other existed communication system
- Coordinate with Local security outfits on the filed, attend the Security meetings after approval of Project Director
- Identify with support of HR department Security and Safety training for staff (both National and international)
- Ensure all staff are aware of Nuru Nigeria Country Security Plan, Country Security context and NN security Operation procedures (SOPs).
- Should demonstrate an understanding of how humanitarian safety practices and principles and their application works
- Have a wide network of security contacts and information sources. The candidate should be able to gather information on emerging events and trends quickly and accurately
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned/instructed by the Security Specialist
- Bachelor of Science Degree or its equivalent with at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Fluent in Written & Spoken English
- Basic First Aid training
- Previous experience working in NGO
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Must work independently under difficult conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- The appointment will be for one year based on annual contract extensions depending on performance.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.