Job Alert: Senior IT Service Desk Officer at a Top-tier Commercial Bank – Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited – Our client, a top-tier Commercial Bank, is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior IT Service Desk Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client requires the service of a highly skilled IT service desk officer who will act as the first point of contact for Managed Service customers.
- The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution. This will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolved problems at the first point of contact and/or escalating the fault to the specialist teams to investigate and resolve. This is a demanding support position which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products including; Hosting (Linux and Windows), firewalls and/or WAN (wide area networks) technologies.
- Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures
- Conducting full and thorough diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Managing faults through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customers satisfaction
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues
- Manage a number of scheduled tasks for customers, designed to ensure that the customers systems remain operational.
- First Degree in Computer Science or any related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in area of specialization
- Practitioner certificate in ITIL is a must
- Experience in IT service support and delivery experience
- Provides understanding of service delivery and service support environment
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving
- Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required Technical Knowledge
- Be qualified to at least one of the following levels
- Cisco certified network associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft certified solutions associate (MCSA)
- Fortinet certified network security administrator (FCNSA).
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV in MS word and PDF to: [email protected] and copy: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.