Job Alert: Senior Laboratory Advisor Job at Project HOPE Nigeria
- Project HOPE Nigeria
- 6th February, 2020
- Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- 7-10 years
- Abuja, Enugu, Lagos, Rivers (PH)
- 6th January, 2020
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Project HOPE Nigeria (otherwise referred to People-to-People Health Foundation Nigeria) is a registered non-profit, non-governmental organization working in Nigeria in areas of HIV & AIDS, Tuberculosis, OVC, RMNCAH & Malaria intervention services.
We are recruting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Laboratory Advisor (SLA) – TB LON, Global Health
Job Location: Nigeria
- The People-to-People Health Foundation, Nigeria (PPHFN) is currently seeking several positions to support the USAID-funded Nigeria Tuberculosis Local Organization Network (TB-LON) to address the critical gaps of the comprehensive Tuberculosis (TB) program in Nigeria.
- TB-LON Nigeria will focus on locally generated solutions to provide TB prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and notification, while addressing stigma and discrimination.
- The TB-LON Nigeria activity will expand provision of and increase access to TB services among formal and informal health providers by engaging the private sector, umbrella and local chapters of health and allied professional organizations, faith-based institutions, communities and civil society.
- This new business model for TB will help achieve USAID / Nigeria’s development objective of a healthier, more educated population in targeted states through utilization of quality health services in target areas and population groups.
Senior Laboratory Adviser (SLA) Responsibilities
- The SLA will promote the overall coordination and implementation of TB Laboratory and diagnostic network activities in the project working in close collaboration with the National and State TB Programs.
- S / he will have the capacity to mentor and train national, state and local government laboratory staff in the management of laboratory services, laboratory data management, quality assurance and diagnostics.
- S / he will have experience in strengthening diagnostic networks including supporting elements, such as specimen transport, biosafety, supervision, mentorship and quality assurance.
- S / he will have knowledge of mycobacteriology laboratory work, solid and liquid culture and/or other TB diagnostics.
- The SLA will have working expert knowledge of laboratory and diagnostic network for TB.
- S / he will lead, develop, oversee and coordinate innovative strategies, required to strengthen and improve the efficiency of the sample referral networks in the TB LON region.
S / he will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field with a related Master’s degree or a minimum of 7 years relevant TB lab and TB control experience with a bachelor’s degree.
- Seven (7) years of relevant TB laboratory, TB control and diagnostic network experience, at state or regional level.
- Project HOPE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran.
- Project HOPE complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Project HOPE expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran. Improper interference with the ability of Project HOPE employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.