Job Alert: Senior Program Officer 1 ÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â€ÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â“ Integrated SBC State Coordinator at Breakthrough ACTION
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
Senior Program Officer 1 – Integrated SBC State Coordinator
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
Medical / Healthcare
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Deputy Project Director with the development and implementation of the integrated MNCH Family Planning, Nutrition, Malaria including Advocacy, Demand Generation and Service Provider IPC/C components of the project in the State, as assigned.
- Lead the BA-Nigeria state team to implement integrated SBC program approaches at state level
- Establish and maintain effective relationships at the state level with USAID and other implementing partners, State SPHCDA/SMOHs and other key stakeholders, with guidance from and in collaboration with the Deputy Project Director and Project Director.
- Coordinate closely with the BA-Nigeria Abuja country office team
- Compilation and submission of timely activity and program reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Assist with design and oversee implementation of all project activities at the state level, including monitoring and evaluation systems.
- The position will be based in one of the listed BA-Nigeria Integrated SBC states
- Travel to project focal areas within the state is expected to be approximately 40% or more.
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of JHU-CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor or Project Director.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Social Science, Humanities, other) required. Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field will give a significant advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing SBC, demand generation or Community Mobilization activities on a Family Planning, Maternal Health, Malaria or related MNCH programs in Nigeria.
- Experience managing teams comprised of technical and admin staff
- Experience with program implementation and working with external partners and stakeholders in Northern Nigeria and/or the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the state of assignment, and the ability to communicate fluently in at least one of the spoken local languages in FCT.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
This position will supervise approximately 4-8 state-level staff, to be determined.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV only as one PDF document to: hir[email protected] before Friday 21st February 2020. The subject line of your e-mail should be: “The job title and Location”.
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review.
Your Cover Letter should include the following:
Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
CV and Cover Letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: JOHN ADO).
Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately