Job Alert: Senior Program Officer 1 – Malaria at Breakthrough ACTION
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in par…
Senior Program Officer 1 – Malaria
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 years
- Location Cross River
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
The Senior Program Officer for malaria will work with the Deputy Project Director Malaria and Tuberculosis and serve as the technical point person for state-level malaria SBCC activities. He/She will have primary responsibility for the day to day planning, implementation and coordination of state-level malaria SBCC activities which will cover provider behavior change, media activities and stakeholder capacity and system strengthening for malaria SBCC.
- Support the State Malaria Elimination Program to implement and monitor malaria SBCC activities based on the National Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization Guideline and the state Annual Operational Plan for malaria ACSM.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with service delivery partners, government partners, and provider associations in the state to drive and support malaria-related SBC activities for providers
- Work with BA-N media team in Abuja head office to produce malaria media content to be aired on radio stations and use monitoring tools to track airing on selected radio stations
- Provide technical support to state media personnel with guidance from BA-N Abuja media team to develop and monitor airing of messages to target key malaria behaviors, like use of Long-Lasting Insecticide-treated Nets (LLINs), proper malaria diagnosis before treatment and complete treatment with ACT.
- With the support of the Deputy Project Director Malaria and Tuberculosis, drive the implementation of provider behavior change activities in the state
- Support providers via supportive supervision, mentoring and coaching. Identify issues affecting providers’ motivation, opportunity and ability to practice positive behaviors to malaria diagnosis and treatment and develop tailored support plans.
- Provide technical guidance and identify unique opportunities and major events that can be leveraged for promoting provider behavior SBC activities in the state.
- Provide oversight for the demand creation component of the LLIN mass campaign. He or She will lead in the development and implementation of advocacy plans and community sensitization and mobilization strategies to improve net ownership and use in the state during and after the campaign.
- Implement and monitor SBCC activities in the community and health facilities to promote adoption of key priority behaviors and promote providers’ positive behaviors to malaria diagnosis and treatment.
- Support the collection and management of data on outcomes and impacts of provider-targeted SBC interventions in collaboration with the state M&E Officer. Submit monthly and quarterly activity reports
- Develop activity budgets and travel plans and work closely with Abuja and field staff to ensure sound stewardship of project funds.
- Represent the project in all malaria technical and partner coordination meetings in the state
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Project Director Malaria and Tuberculosis and the Project Director, BA Nigeria Project.
- Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB) preferred.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Development Studies, Public Health, etc.)
- Experience in any of the health-related areas, with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with service delivery, provider behavior change, and/or social and behavior change activities.
- Programme management highly desirable, with demonstrated track record in planning and coordinating programs in consultation with government and other partners
- Strong writing, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills
- Competency in training and institutional capacity-building
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID requirements preferred
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending a copy of their CV to [email protected] before CoB Wednesday, 30th June 2021. The subject of the application email must be the job title and location.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application