Job Alert: Senior Software Engineer UI / UX at GVA Partners
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
GVA Partners is also a l…
Senior Software Engineer UI / UX
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- Create intuitive front-end user experience for various web applications
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, the development team and Scrum Master to develop, design, build and launch the product.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Assign Responsibilities and tasks to staff.
- Oversee the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team.
- Ensure that development standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management.
- Requirement analysis – carries our analysis of competitive products, user needs etc.
- Interface, prototype and interaction design
- User testing – beauty of the interface and the feasibility of the product by the user
- Leads the user experience and interface efforts for the team, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality product for end users
- Creates mock-ups and wireframes for both mobile and web pages that the front-end or full stack developer can translate into code
- Produces high quality graphics, visual styles and visual elements in accordance to design guidelines
- Creates prototypes that showcase the user flow and interactions
- Conducts user experience research and testing through media such as A/B testing, interviews, etc.
- Designs and delivers elegant and delightful product experiences as part of a cross-functional agile product teams
- Actively collaborates with business / Brand stakeholders throughout the design and development process
- Researches, identifies and articulates customer needs
- Clearly articulates design needs and key decisions to business stakeholders across markets and brands collaborating closely with Product Leads and Product Owners
- Builds prototypes and designs tests to validate customer needs, requirements and behaviors
- Helps Product Leads and Product Owners define both long and short-term vision and roadmap for digital products at client digital unit
- Collaborates with other designers within and cross-team to problem solve design challenges and maintain a level of design consistency and coherence across products.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Task success rate
- Active time – amount of time spent to complete the project
- Lead time – amount of time from inception to delivery
- System usability scale
- Product Interface Design and user experience
- Overall satisfaction of the project owner.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Must possess relevant professional qualifications
- 3 – 5 Years experience with designing consumer quality products including mobile.
Skills / Competence Requirements:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile or Kanban software development processes
- Ability to design clear and creative wireframes to guide team
- Graphical and visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software
- Experience with planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping
- Solid knowledge and experience with agile software development
- Experience as a developer is a plus
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines
- Strong sense of ownership of solution and not afraid to speak up to ensure the user angle is heard by the product owner
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset to span across UI design, strategy and testing
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Experience with designing quality consumer products, as well as enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence
- Well-rounded, user-centered design portfolio that spans some combination of web, mobile, tablet, TV, and wearables.
- Graphical and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Azure, or other tools for graphic design, visual design
- Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping
- Sees value in iterative approach to design.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their resume (in MS-word format) to: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] and [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application