Job Alert: Senior Specialist, Finance Process Optimization at IHS Towers
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Finance Process Optimization
Location: Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior career
- IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking an individual to join our Finance team in Nigeria as Senior Specialist, Finance Process Optimization to support the Finance function through participation in risk assessment and controls evaluation.
- Also, to ensure improvements and actively lead control enforcement or process improvement initiatives.
- Translate tactical work plans into detailed tasks and programs. Plan, undertake and supervise financial and system audits and compliance activities across Finance to ensure that all Finance functions and systems are working in line with management-advised guidelines.
- Draft, perform and supervise tests of the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of key financial and business controls.
- Enforce appropriate user access and segregation of duties in financial systems.
- Provide input into design of automated approval workflows.
- Deduce conclusions, recommending remediation actions and preparing final reports following tests of the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of key financial and business controls.
- Oversee database of deficiencies, undertaking root cause analyses, tracking management actions, and driving remediation efforts through the risk management application. Improve control consciousness through staff orientation.
- Actively coordinate process improvement initiatives through practical application of process improvement methodologies and tools for change.
- Support implementation actions for transformation projects by coordinating resolution of business pain points for Finance across all value chains; performing business activities such as data mining, UAT participation, workshops and sign-offs; providing supporting data for setting baseline and to-be metrics for business processes; and collecting inputs to business cases and enforcing change management activities.
- Collect data needed as part of detailed solution design for IT projects, including:
- Policy statements needed to set up systems.
- Report examples required to support report build or modification.
- Coordinating business activities which include SME review of user stories or functional requirements; Validating adequacy of UAT test scripts; UAT participation; Bug fixing.
- Developing training program materials.
- Tracing change management activities.
- Handholding/babysitting business users post go-live.
- Escalating issues requiring management’s attention.
- Provide inputs for business cases or for measurement of metrics.
- Support business process owners with implementation of new controls and/or processes, ensuring that proper change management activities are undertaken.
- Prepare management reports on evaluation of controls and/or processes as directed.
- Recommend and draft policy statements. Support execution of policy enforcement and training.
- Identify and recommend process improvements. Lead implementation of process improvement projects, collaborating and actively working with Group Finance Operations and Global Process Owners.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Finance Process Optimization.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field. Professional certifications, e.g. ACA, ACCA will be an asset.
- +7 years relevant experience
- Good appreciation of IFRS accounting, SOX, ITGC and COSO.
- Relevant experience managing projects
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Exposure to internal and external audit training is an added advantage.
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Initiative & Judgement
- Internal Audit
- Business Process Design & Re-engineering
- Risk Assessment
- Project Management
- Financial Acumen
- Business Communication
- Use of MS Office Tools.
- Customer Focus – People demonstrating this competency understand & exceed our customers’ needs. They develop trusted, reliable & collaborative relationships. They are consistently operating to the highest standards of service & delivery.
- Innovation – People demonstrating this competency constantly seek new & improved ways to deliver our products & services. They champion engineering & skills development, and work to create a collaborative and supportive operating environment.
- Integrity – People demonstrating this competency are open & honest in everything they do. They support financially & environmentally sustainable growth. They make socially responsible decisions and treat their stakeholders with respect.
- Be Bold – People demonstrating this competency are thorough in analyses & decision-making. They are courageous in expanding existing markets & developing new ones. They confidently pursue appropriate financial returns and are forward-thinking and ambitious.
Application Closing Date
13th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!