Job Alert: Senior Subsea Specialist at Onstream Group
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Onstream Group – With over 35 years of international experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and Industrial markets. The Onstream Group has strategically aligned itself with its business partners & affiliates to provide cost-effective and operational efficient solutions.
Senior Subsea Specialist
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
Engineering / Technical
Job ID: 13-10955
Number of Positions: 1
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A559 – Nigeria GF Malaria
Reports To: Finance and Administration Manager
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately Global Fund against fraud, loss or misuse.
- She / He is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Senior Accountant is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare and control advances.
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the MSH account.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor.
- Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize MSH’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that treasury practices in country minimize MSH’s cash exposure.
- Ensure that entries are entered into financial system accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of reviews and postings made by supervisees for all vendor invoices, participant payments, staff advances and retirements on a daily basis.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School. Master’s Degree in accounting or Business will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years experience as an Accountant
- Understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Experience with Global Fund and U.S. government projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software
- Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of the basic tenets of Cash Control, Asset Management and Bank Reconciliation
- Understanding of principals of adequate documentation and audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology
- A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the MSH’s values
- Strong team working orientation with a flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across the whole organization
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Financial Management
- Good ethical conduct
- Monitoring / assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
Interested and qualified? Go to Onstream Group career website on resourcemanager-150227dc2c0.secure.force.com to apply