Job Alert: Social and Behavior Change Communication Advisor (Social Media) at John Snow Inc – JSI
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI’s mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion…
Social and Behavior Change Communication Advisor (Social Media)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Location: Jabi, Abuja
Employment Type: Contract
Reports To: Senior SBCC Advisor
Period of Performance: 4 months consultancy (with possibility of extension)
Start Date: June 14, 2021
- JSI is implementing a Total Market Approach (TMA) to HIV Prevention Programming in Nigeria under a donor-funded sub-award mechanism. This activity which builds on previous JSI work on TMA condom programming has now been expanded to include HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis and HIV self-testing kits. Under this project, JSI implements interventions to increase demand for, and access to condoms, PrEP. and HIV self-testing kits among Key and vulnerable populations using a total market approach. This involves among other interventions; behavior change communication with the use of social media platforms.
- Under the supervision of a Senior SBCC Advisor, the SBCC Advisor (social media) will work with other project staff to implement a behavior change strategy using social media platforms and targeting key and general populations to increase the use of condoms, PrEP and HIV self-testing kits as part of a Total Market Approach to HIV prevention programming in Nigeria. The Social Media Advisor will lead the implementation of the social media component of the SBCC communication strategy of the project.
- She/he will maintain and grow the social media presence of the project activities across multiple brand outposts (which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, blogs and other developing social media channels relevant to implementation of condom use promotion communications strategy).
- Please note this is a local position based in Abuja and reserved for those eligible to work in Nigeria.
Specific Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Oversee the development and delivery of the social media content plan.
- Coordinate content plan with other teams
- Be part of the bringing together of all the content elements (messaging, insights from SBCC team and audiences, content from other platforms)
- Publish / repurpose content across approved central social media brand outposts (e.g. copy / articles, photography, video, etc.)
- Lead daily key population groups management across all central brand social media outposts (inc. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, WhatsApp)
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on community management queries / issues.
- Deploy approved statements during crisis management. Ensure content has a high visual and influential impact and meets relevant corporate guidelines.
- Plan/ implement content which increases HIV prevention among key population groups (FSW, PWIDS and MSM) through the effective use of social media channels. This will include implementing campaigns through use of contents appropriate to the channel being used, monitoring social media channels to respond appropriately to posts / comments, and identifying issues that require escalation.
- Work in partnership with other teams generating content to influence consistent and correct condom use among target population groups.
- Conduct ongoing research (as needed) to identify audience needs / desires / satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate paid activity with external suppliers (media agency) and internal Brand & Campaign marketing team.
- Use Google Analytics and other data sources to assess impact efficiency of social media activities.
- Upon review, ensure optimization of paid social media activities, with a ‘test, learn, refine’ approach to future improvements.
- Continually survey the social media landscape to identify new platforms including closed user groups and analyze trends / opportunities to grow reach / opportunities to connect key population groups.
- Advise colleagues and help them to develop content strategies based on previous performance reports and audience insight.
- Co-ordinate the work of other content producers across other HIV prevention implementing organizations to develop content suitable for social media channels to fully engage key population groups.
- Identify key influencers and conversations where we can engage to better showcase our work and expand our reach.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field / professional qualification, or evidence of training /development in social media marketing
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in marketing, brand promotion or health related behavior change communication.
- Previous experience in a similar social media role and paid marketing campaigns
- Previous experience working on a USAID funded project will be an advantage.
- Strong community management experience
- Experience in creating & delivering content marketing Programme(s) which inform and influence target groups.
- Highly creative and collaborative with strong customer focus
- Strong marketing skillset across the entire social media landscape (Community management, content creation, graphic design, distribution, and analysis)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Data literate, able to review / assess / make recommendations as a result of analysis.
- Multitasker able to work across multiple projects to tight timescales.
- Excellent communication & listening skills.
- Good understanding of the characteristics and qualities exhibited by key population groups.
- Strong commitment to key strategic priorities of the project/ organization
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with CV to: [email protected] and Copy [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Get a job fast.
Let us rewrite your CV
Method of Application