Job Alert: Strategy Officer at Sifax Group
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest-growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Administration / Secretarial
The role holder will be responsible for providing professional input to SIFAX Group strategic planning process, working with various cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate and analyze evolving strategic Business priorities, setting strategic objectives and goals, identifying instruments for their attainment as well as monitoring and evaluation of chosen strategy.
- Supporting the development of SIFAX Group long term-business strategy
- Conducting research and analysis of operational effectiveness, processes for each subsidiary
- Assessing market trends and competitors
- Supporting and guiding management decision-making processes
- Monitoring and proactively analysing, on an ongoing basis, internal and external events that affect the company, so as to provide ideas and intellectual leadership for both short-term tactics and long-term positioning and vision
- Participate in the preparation of SIFAX Group’s Annual, Half Year and End of Year reports
- Work together with the Internal Audit/Compliance/Risk Management department to define the annual risk appetite
- Develop metrics/dashboards and other reporting tools to drive decision making
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your line Head.
Skills and other requirements:
- Post Graduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields
- Sound experience with at least 8 years as a Strategy and Business Planning professional, preferably in the consulting, maritime, logistics, oil & gas and financial services industry
- Membership of a recognised professional body i.e. ICAN/ACCA is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting strategic business plans for use by the financial services industry and an expert understanding of financial analysis, modelling, statistical analysis and related software
- Experience in offering strategic insight into industry, consumer and competitor trends
- Clear understanding of trade development issues as they pertain to Africa and demonstrated skills in economic forecasting.
- Experience in presenting and selling ideas to Senior Management with strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of business planning practices
- Ability to interact with senior management team of various subsidiaries and business managers
- Strong knowledge and usage of Excel, Power point and various computer packages
- Ability to think out of the box
- Ability to work independently, flexible, endurance and has a great willingness to travel
Qualified and interested candidates should send a well-written cover letter stating why they are the best fit for the position and attach a copy of your updated resume/CV to