Job Alert: Technical Advisor at Youth Network on Community and Sustainable Development
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
We are the leading advocacy group of all youth bodies working to end all forms of violence against women and girls including harmful traditional practices in Nigeria. The Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development is a movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, Partnerships and program implementation. We also work on other Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights issues, Governance and Environment.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Main Purpose of the Job
YNCSD is seeking to hire a Technical Advisor in Abuja, who will work on a new Project Integrating Sexual and Reproductive Information and Resources for Sustained Efforts to empower Nigerian Girls (Project INSPIRE). The project aims to improve the safe access of abortion services at the focal states where we would be implementing using a robust advocacy approach. The Technical Advisor will provide vital and varied support to the policy and campaigns work of the Technical Team, contributing to development, implementation and evaluation of YNCSD’s policy and campaigns work.
S/he must be based in Abuja, FCT Nigeria.
Profile of the Candidate
The Technical Advisor will support to develop and execute all program reviews. Provide technical advice as well as expertise to systems development technical project groups. Conduct administrative and technical reviews of continuing company projects, collaborating with technical project groups, supervising technical activities, ensuring technical assistance, and allocating resources.
YNCSD seeks an Officer who possess good communications skills set and assists in a range of tasks including writing, formatting, copyediting, proofreading, social media, and designing and producing routine products and deliverables (e.g. technical reports, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, invitations, and flyers).
Applicants MUST not be older than 30 years at the time of application.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Technical Advisor will undertake the following;
- Design, manage and oversee the quality and timely delivery of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights programs for the organization.
- Support with business development work for the Organization, including but not limited to flagging new funding opportunities, assist in the preparations proposals and concept notes etc.
- Assist in the development of technical documents needed for the TSON 2 Project or for the organization, including ensuring documents are properly written and meeting pre-set standards.
- Assist in the development of project strategy, operational work plans and reports for an integrated program consisting of social norm change trainings, curriculum review and development, and capacity building project activities.
- Organize the recruitment, selection, hiring and orientation of national staff members, on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in the preparation of needs assessments, concept papers and proposals aimed at mobilizing resources for current and future project interventions.
- Develop and maintain contacts with prospective implementation and funding partners. Additional duties may be assigned for purposes such as meeting deadlines and other organizational needs.
- Professionalism: Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in the resolution of human settlement issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; s credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Managing Performance: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision making authority; makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member; accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills; monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and some knowledge of the local language of duty station.
- Reporting to: Programme Manager
- Full Time: 40 hours per week (Fulltime 8 hours per day)
- Salary scale: to be negotiated
- Contract duration: 6 months contract with the intention of extension.
- Location of duty station: Abuja
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume /CV by email to [email protected] Documents must be in English, stated “Technical Advisor YNCSD Abuja” in the email subject line.