Job Alert: Telecommunication Maintenance Engineer at MacTay Consulting
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi…
Telecommunication Maintenance Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- People Data: In daily contact with 25 service contract personnel
- Production Data: Activities in 11 sites including 2 FPSO, Rigs, 18 Floor office complex and residences
- Scope includes:130+ Data network devices, 3000+ Data Ports, 6 Microwave links, 22 Videoconference facilities, Fibre Optics, and cable network, business support system (CATV, VSAT etc.), Internet services in 100+ residences
- Statistical Data: 8+ projects yearly; 1000 user calls, 600 new requests
- Designing and planning the network technical environment, architecture, and detailed designs in collaboration with the project engineering team
- Researching and recommending cutting-edge network hardware and network applications for new project installation or upgrade
- Continually propose and implement approved solutions to meeting increasing demands for data services, internet etc
- Provide level 2/3 support for data network and IP related devices such ePresence, videoconference, IPTV, etc
- Manage IP addressing plan for the district in collaboration with other districts
- Propose and implement approved routine telecoms preventive maintenance activities
- Ensure that telecom means for crisis/emergency in the CMT/EMT/ERIT and BCP in the district are operational. Propose improvement practices
- Analyse the telecom market and to monitor its evolution
- Propose improvements practises in network design
- Participate in root cause analysis of systems faults, incidents and escalation to system integrator or OEM
- Follow up external service providers regarding planned operations (upgrade, preventive, or curative maintenance) to ensure minimal or no disruption to services
- Participate in the writing of scope of work and in the technical evaluation of contract bids and awards
- Participate in writing of technical procedures for telecommunication systems exploitation
- Liaise with Procurement department regarding the purchase of equipment, check for quality and conformity of delivered equipment by suppliers. Follow up the implementation of approved Frame Agreement for materials and services
- Attend factory and onsite tests and take part in commissioning of telecoms systems
- Assist the Head of Telecom in the control and management of service contract personnel
- Ensure compliance to company HSE rules by service contract personnel and external contractors in company sites
- Ensure the overall conformity of systems operations, methods engineering to standards and headquarter
- Participate in Service Quality Meeting with service contractors.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- B.Eng. or M.Sc degree in Electrical / Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Telecom’s systems operations preferable in Oil and Gas environment
- Cisco Certification in Routing & Switching, minimum CCNP
- Sound technical skills, very good ability to prioritize tasks, ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal, good team player, negotiation and communications skills, knowledge French Language is an advantage.
Context and Environment:
- District spread geographical locations including deep-offshore
- Rapidly growing district activities and personnel requiring the maintenance and support of existing systems while providing new solutions and resources
- Environment of severe lightning and thunder strikes
- Office environment of frequent electric power outages and, dependence on external resources (service contracts) especially providers of national Telecom infrastructure which are not reliable.
- Ensure the availability and efficient Telecom Services for operations and emergency support
- Degraded services will impact on user’s productivity and production
- Ensure timely problem resolution to minimize downtime of telecoms services
- Ensure up to date records of network architecture diagrams, inventory of assets, Telephone directory etc
- Ensure system capacity is adequate and spare is provided to meet needs of the business.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application