Job Alert: Vestas: Director of Origination
Director of Origination
US,Portland|Management|Full-Time | ID: 6011
US,Portland|Management|Full-Time | ID: 6011
Business Developer, Development
Vestas development arm for North America, Steelhead Americas, which has a growing development pipeline over 3GW, is looking for a Director of Origination to join the team and report into the Vice President of Development.
The Director of Origination shall be responsible and accountable for origination of revenue contracts for renewable energy projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the US energy market and a strong network with offtakers and utilities. They should have a proven track record developing new origination business, including offtake with utility and C&I customers as well as hedges.
- Identify market and develop strong relationships with contacts to build out network for securing revenue contracts
- Research, identify and originate long-term revenue opportunities revenue opportunities for North America by successfully assessing new opportunities based on his/her thorough understanding of the North American energy business, including markets, technology and competitors; be able to quickly identify attractive opportunities and decline unattractive ones
- Manage offtake RFPs from corporate buyers of renewable energy, municipal utilities, coops, electric utilities, large industrials, retail aggregators and other wholesale customers. Communicate market feedback and targets effectively to the development organization.
- Successfully execute (negotiate) attractive revenue contract opportunities
- Successfully advocate internally for necessary approvals, including completion of internal investment approval memos and presentations to the Investment Committee
- Report on status to development team and management via written reports and participation in management meetings and calls
- Support the Finance and Legal departments during interaction with third parties (tax equity, construction financing, etc.) in order to ensure transaction terms are favorable
Education, Training and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related
- Minimum 5 years of experience in renewable energy industry, including experience originating and negotiating long-term renewable energy revenue contracts
- Strong understanding of the North American power sector, including legal / regulatory aspects, market environment, competition, stakeholders, counterparties, and other areas that impact growth initiatives
- Has a strong network of relationships among key stakeholders in the market / industry
- Has strong knowledge and capabilities in all the aspects of project development, including power sales, commercial markets, EPC, permitting, interconnection, transmission, fuel supply, project financing, contracts, land acquisition, and financial analysis
- Extensive knowledge and experience with key project contracts: Power Purchase Agreements, Generator Interconnection Agreements, Turbine and Equipment Supply Agreements, Partnership and Purchase and Sale Agreements, and Operations &Maintenance Agreements;
- Exceptional financial and commercial understanding. Capable of making sound strategic and operational decisions through analyzing data, focusing on customers and commercial awareness.
- Can manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands financial models, risks, rewards, and what drives value in greenfield projects / M&A opportunities
- Is a good behavioral fit. Desired characteristics include being results driven, teamwork oriented, analytical, creative, and fun. Strong team player with whatever it takes attitude who has strong interpersonal skills.
- Can be an effective spokesperson and public representative for Steelhead Americas and Vestas
- Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills with emphasis on attention to detail
- Highly numerate and computer literate, very competent in the use of MS Office packages particularly Excel.
- Flexibility in work hours and responsibilities, willingness to work evenings or weekends during high activity periods
- Willing to travel regularly within US and Canada (expected 15-30%)
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more. It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE