Job Alert: Weather Anchor / Reporter at Myrtle Management Consultants Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client in the Broadcast Media Industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Weather Anchor / Reporter
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
- Needs to be able to take the information supplied and independently produce a weather story for broadcast which is consistent with the meteorological briefing.
- Take the weather forecast, as briefed by a meteorologist, and explain it to the audience in an interesting and engaging manner that entertains and informs.
- Present broadcasts on TV and Radio which covers the impacts relevant to the audience through the locality, events, and geographical differences.
- Must demonstrate a professional presentation style with the ability to present from location, in the studio.
- Be familiar with the relevant digital platforms and have the ability to produce and present content that suits the style and audience for each as directed by editors.
- Alert news colleagues to develop weather stories and can help direct newsgathering.
- May present from the field as well as from the studio.
- May be requested to contribute to other local, regional, nations’ output as required.
- Present other non-weather-related programs/segments within programs from time to time.
- Be involved in on-air exchanges with other presenters, being ready to use acquired knowledge about the weather in that conversation.
- Make the best use of new technologies – including developments in social media – in delivering content to audiences and setting an example in learning to operate new systems and adapting to different working methods.
- A systematic and organised approach to work, and the ability to meet tight deadlines with a minimum of supervision
- At all times to carry out duties in accordance with the NCML’s Health and Safety policy
- Able to operate alone on items and other program elements.
- Develop the weather story independently reflecting the impact on the regions/locality concerned, and adopt the appropriate style.
- The job holder may be required to have on-air discussions with other presenters/guests.
- B.Sc Degree in Journalism, Communications or relevant field
- Previous weather reporting experience
- You will need a very good understanding of the theory and science of weather
- Flexibility – This role will involve working shifts (early, late, days and weekends)
- Demonstrates an understanding of NCML Editorial guidelines, standards and values
- Audience awareness with the ability to adapt style and continuity as necessary
- A thorough understanding of production methods used in NCML and the ability to adapt to new media.
- Capable user of broadcast and computer-based technology and stays up to date with developments in this field
- Strong team working and ability to build strong relationships with key people within the organisation
- Ability to convey story and programme ideas and to contribute to the planning process.
- Able to perform to deadlines.
- Tenacity, persistence, resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
The remuneration is competitive along with other benefits.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to the closing date.
- We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.